• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Unless it has a drunk driver get out of jail free card included Vallerio will desk drawer it.

We need to put pressure on the Delegates to petition this out of committee so everyone's position can be made public.

It is time to play hardball with this one, and all of the Republican Reps who say "we don't have the numbers" need to grow a spine and get them.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Unless it has a drunk driver get out of jail free card included Vallerio will desk drawer it.

Well at least it will provide some with an excuse to say vile ugly things about a despicable tyrant, and others to whine like little bitches.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    We need to put pressure on the Delegates to petition this out of committee so everyone's position can be made public.

It is time to play hardball with this one, and all of the Republican Reps who say "we don't have the numbers" need to grow a spine and get them.

Timing might be everything. In a recent e-mail from Delegate Pat McDonough (I'm not in his district just on his mailing list from 2013 when I sent out e-mails to everyone in Annapolis)

Let me take a moment to tell you about a piece of legislation that I am introducing: The Criminal Gun Control Act. Gun violence by criminals is the real problem. This bill will mandate that every criminal that is arrested and uses a firearm in the commission of a crime shall receive a mandated sentence of 10 years. There will be no plea bargaining, dismissals, or early release. The gun grabbers attack innocent citizens who believe in the Second Amendment as an excuse to stop or prevent gun violence. We all know that this is a lie. This is an honest bill that will prevent gun violence and the liberals in Annapolis are all prepared to vote against it. Please contact my office if you would like to provide written testimony or come to Annapolis to testify in person at the bill hearing.

If this is heard first wouldn't it be a great tool to use against the anti's? Imagine pointing out to a grieving mother " I'm sorry your son was killed in a street crime by someone using an illegal gun. Did you know that Delegate ***** doesn't want them to spend any time in jail?"

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Yea. The Baltimore city delegate lady that said it was too expensive to jail the criminals in the 2013 hearings. She should be called out on that.

SPQM

May 21, 2014
    This is exactly what we should be pursuing.

One of the ways they keep us on the ropes here in MD is that they're always introducing stuff; so that our victories are only temporary; in that we have to keep running on a treadmill like the Red Queen just to stay in place.

This bill, even if it goes nowhere; will force them to expend energies to stop it; taking their time away from their own bills. Two can play at this game.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Whether it gets desk drawered or voted down doesn't matter. What matters is bringing up a bill to restore our rights and keeping them aware we haven't gone away.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I will be very surprised is good and substantial is ever removed, but why not a bill defining it? If self defense was included in the definition it would in essence create shall issue.

TD

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    Seems as long as we have to deal with Mike, Michael and Brian we are arguing with a stop sign. Two Harford deputy's dead. Maybe only one if a law abiding citizen was in there and allowed to defend himself. Sorry but it will never happen with people like this running the state. We can vote in Governors all we want but till the legislature changes this will be the law of the land. Don't blame Hogan. He is doing the best he can with what he has.

Feb 28, 2013
    Seems as long as we have to deal with Mike, Michael and Brian we are arguing with a stop sign. Two Harford deputy's dead. Maybe only one if a law abiding citizen was in there and allowed to defend himself. Sorry but it will never happen with people like this running the state. We can vote in Governors all we want but till the legislature changes this will be the law of the land. Don't blame Hogan. He is doing the best he can with what he has.
    This one ain't goin' nowhere either.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some idiot cited the two murdered deputies as the reason this needs to be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom