• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Go get you some!!!! I snagged one

Unissued? possibly....

Made for the Italian Military Police. These have no visible wear and look to be unfired!

http://www.southernohiogun.com/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html

SHG-B92FS_1.jpg

SHG-B92FS_2.jpg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    They could be $50 and not worth my time to go through the paces. I think they are terrible pistols.
    Good luck with yours. Looks like a great deal!

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    lol.. I just noticed that. I agree, that is a odd place for the release. 30 seconds with a dremel on additional mags is not a big deal.

I guess some European police guns like it in that location. huh?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    They could be $50 and not worth my time to go through the paces. I think they are terrible pistols.
    Good luck with yours. Looks like a great deal!
    Not doubting you, but why? Curious is all. My Father in law left one to me, and while it's been reliable, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It takes me a couple of mags. to get right with it.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    lol.. I just noticed that. I agree, that is a odd place for the release. 30 seconds with a dremel on additional mags is not a big deal.

I guess some European police guns like it in that location. huh?

I've seen some factory 92fs mags that have notches for both types of mag release.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    did you notice where the mag release is? Also, regular 92 mags wont work in these unless you get out the dremel

Not really an issue if you get used to it. Took me no time at all to get used to my HK P7 PSP with the heel mag release. That being said I'm not a fan of the 92 series, but to each their own.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not doubting you, but why? Curious is all. My Father in law left one to me, and while it's been reliable, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It takes me a couple of mags. to get right with it.

Funny thing is, I had a 96 years ago and was probably the most accurate pistol I've ever fired up until that time.
    fast forward until now. All of my shooting is combat shooting and not slow fire bullseye shooting. I have sworn off anything slide mounted as far as safeties and decockers. I have seen people try using these in shooting classes and fumble time and again.
    So I am overly critical with anything Beretta.
    Looks like a great buy if you collect them or as a great range shooter. Wouldn't use it for anything other than that tho.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I can pick up lightly used 92's with the mag release in the US place for $350, with maybe 100 rounds through them, locally, no need for shipping. $250 for similar shape S&W Model 10's.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    Is it a DAO or DA/SA as the 92FS? The description on SOG and PSA said DA/SA but the wikipikis were unclear on this.

The 92 is a good gun. Not an ideal CCW gun, not an ideal target gun, but a solid gun that never left me feeling like I was unarmed. I still pull it out when I need to practice fundamentals and it is a decent trainer for new shooters. It is much maligned but it has done a good job in the hands of American warriors for almost 30 years...given the less-than-ideal armory and maintenance standards I have seen it subjected to, it has never let me down.

I'm thinking about it...not that I need another one but when has THAT been a reason to say no?

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    Is it a DAO or DA/SA as the 92FS? The description on SOG and PSA said DA/SA but the wikipikis were unclear on this.

The 92 is a good gun. Not an ideal CCW gun, not an ideal target gun, but a solid gun that never left me feeling like I was unarmed. I still pull it out when I need to practice fundamentals and it is a decent trainer for new shooters. It is much maligned but it has done a good job in the hands of American warriors for almost 30 years...given the less-than-ideal armory and maintenance standards I have seen it subjected to, it has never let me down.

I'm thinking about it...not that I need another one but when has THAT been a reason to say no?

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Funny thing is, I had a 96 years ago and was probably the most accurate pistol I've ever fired up until that time.
    fast forward until now. All of my shooting is combat shooting and not slow fire bullseye shooting. I have sworn off anything slide mounted as far as safeties and decockers. I have seen people try using these in shooting classes and fumble time and again.
    So I am overly critical with anything Beretta.
    Looks like a great buy if you collect them or as a great range shooter. Wouldn't use it for anything other than that tho.

What about the Beretta M9-A1 9mm - is it any better than the 92FS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom