• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=2199&name=Chinese+SKS+Surplus+7.62x39+Rifle

F3CSKSM59X.jpg

They are well used but reports that the bores and mechanics are great. I bought one, just passing it along for those who like well used pieces.

They come to $327 shipped to your FFL.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Recent specials have made me leery about the remaining supply of SKS rifles that are out there.

Cracked stock. Split open front sight hood. Broken safety.

I will admit that the ones in the photo look nice.

Just spoke with the company. They said this shipment came in last week from TGI (Tennessee Guns).

Was told they are 100% mechanically fine with a lot of wear and no broken or cracked stocks.

Hmmmmmmm...

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I've been eyeballing the Romanian Toks they have listed for $239 at AIM. They look nicer than the ones at SOG. Since this is my first year having my C&R what kind of deals do they usually run on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Would it be better to wait or should I consider jumping on one now? Are there usually good ammo deals as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I've been eyeballing the Romanian Toks they have listed for $239 at AIM. They look nicer than the ones at SOG. Since this is my first year having my C&R what kind of deals do they usually run on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Would it be better to wait or should I consider jumping on one now? Are there usually good ammo deals as well?

Well... They ain't gunna hold a nice one fer ya. Best ones always go out the door first.

Get one now.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Last year a lot of the vendors had free shipping for Black Friday. PSA had some nice ammo deals for BF. Classic was selling 91/30s for $99. I don't remember what deals AIM had. If you need a safe, I would definitely wait for BF. They always seem to be 50% off then. I'm just keeping some money set aside in case there is a deal I can't pass up.

For example, if AIM has a bunch of these SKSs still available I wouldn't be surprised if they offer something special on them in a couple of weeks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The Classic Mosins were $89 for grade B stocks and I got 4 ;)
    They were $99 before and after the BF deal but they had several thousand of them at the time.

1 was a 5line 1926 Tula and one was a minty bore excellent shooter.

Who can say what will come out on BF

If history repeats they will take a few $ off something they have lots of stock of.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Well... They ain't gunna hold a nice one fer ya. Best ones always go out the door first.

Get one now.

That I figured. Just trying to get the most for my money since I can't pull money aside every month for my hobby. Plus I'm patient. AIM also had Nagant Revolvers last time I looked. Those interest me but not as much as the TOK. If the deals are worth while I'll wait. maybe pick one of each up. Free shipping can go along way especially if it's on ammo. Lord knows we can always use more ammo.

Domer Dad

Mar 5, 2014
    North America
    I just pulled the trigger (pun intended) and ordered one of these from AIM. I've been procrastinating an SKS purchase for too long. They aint gonna get any cheaper or prettier with time. Will post pics and update when it arrives. Looking forward to another cosmo cleaning project!

Feb 28, 2013
    I just pulled the trigger (pun intended) and ordered one of these from AIM. I've been procrastinating an SKS purchase for too long. They aint gonna get any cheaper or prettier with time. Will post pics and update when it arrives. Looking forward to another cosmo cleaning project!

You'll be busy with that. I've seen 'em covered with so much of that goop the rifle was barely recognizeable.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I soak the metal in gas. Cosmoline runs right off.

Stock sits on my radiator at home on a strip of foil. Every hour I wipe the wood down.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The SKS breaks down pretty easy I though. At least mine did. You gotta take it all apart, all the pistons and such. Watch a vid, cause there's that one spring that pushes the rod to the bolt and if you don't watch it, the spring can come flying out.
    For the Metal, I took a heat gun to mine and the cosmo dripped right off, then mineral spirits and maybe I think some Q Tips and tooth pics were needed in places.

If you have a C&R and you don't have a Chinese SKS, you are missing something.. yes, yes you are. unless you already have a nice Russian one ;)
    You can't beat the cheap Walmart Tulamo for the SKS.

Puffs of smoke you see when it strikes is when he hits a bottle:
    Fun with Chinese SKS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6qxVW0-yiw

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I can't vouch for the Type 56's AIM has, but if they are anything like the ones I got from Royal Tiger last January you're in for a lot of messy cleaning. But that's OK because you're also in for a lot of fun shooting! :thumbsup:

:bullhorn: Paging StanW and Jimv8eatr... Both of you want/need an SKS! :innocent0

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Is there a good source of info for beginners on what to look for in rifles such as these and mosin nagats?
    Common c&r stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom