• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Got the replacement Star B today. It has an extractor! It's a bit more "holster worn" than the other one. It's the lowest serial number of any of the batch I've tracked. It's a "P" marked so it's a 1945. It have wooden grips and is parked. Looking at the bottom "B", it looks like it might be a doubled strike. Any opinions?

View attachment 135172

View attachment 135173

View attachment 135174

View attachment 135175

View attachment 135176

That one's a looker.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd love to pick up one too, but they're priced just a little too high for me. Maybe I'll cross paths with one in a few years for a little less.

Famous last words :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      119.2 KB · Views: 317

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Found this little guy on my doorstep yesterday, Beretta 1934....refinished someone decided it would look nice with some nickel accents. At least that meant I got it at a good price.

Attachments

• 1934.jpg
      1934.jpg
      105.9 KB · Views: 297

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    This 1922 Browning arrived today. Wanted one of these for awhile to go with my 1910, and would have preferred one with Waffenamt but couldn't quite get one at my price in acceptable condition. This appears to be in very good condition though a civilian model. Haven't disassembled it, but numbers appear to match. Tried to date it based on interwebnet info but can't figure it out. Five digit number with no prefix.

Attachments

• browning 1922 good marking side.jpg
      browning 1922 good marking side.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 276
    • Browning 1922 good markings.jpg
      Browning 1922 good markings.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 306
    • browning 1922 left side good.jpg
      browning 1922 left side good.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 279
    • 1922 bore.jpg
      1922 bore.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 295

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You guys have had some nice pick ups lately.

I think we should add a "Just walked away" thread. I just walked away from a Swedish Mauser I'd been eyeballing for months every time I went into a LGS. Had cash in my wallet and Finally learned how to read the disk and it had a #3 bore condition on the disk. (might have been worse now) so walked away on it.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    You guys have had some nice pick ups lately.

I think we should add a "Just walked away" thread. I just walked away from a Swedish Mauser I'd been eyeballing for months every time I went into a LGS. Had cash in my wallet and Finally learned how to read the disk and it had a #3 bore condition on the disk. (might have been worse now) so walked away on it.

A 3 wouldn't necessarily cause me to walk if everything else looked good. A lot of times, a 3 on a Swede is a 1 on most other things.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I wonder how they'd do on wild pigs? I would think they'd be pretty decent, if you could catch one in the light.

If a 243 can put a pig DRT (and it can), then a 6.5x55 should be no problem. I've thought of hunting pigs with my CG63 but it really is more of a target gun. Next year, I'm hunting with my Garand. If I get one with that AND I pick up this Swede, I might use it.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom