• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    This doesn't look too promising as far as CLEO wait times given the current info that SBR's are now banned after Oct 1. Just so I have this straight, for form 1, I need to bring (or have done) to the CLEO

Fingerprints
    Pictures
    2 copies of Form 1

or do pictures just get sent to ATF? I'm going to see if the Sheriff will do the signoff so I can try to get my paperwork in before the 1st

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    This doesn't look too promising as far as CLEO wait times given the current info that SBR's are now banned after Oct 1. Just so I have this straight, for form 1, I need to bring (or have done) to the CLEO

Fingerprints
    Pictures
    2 copies of Form 1

or do pictures just get sent to ATF? I'm going to see if the Sheriff will do the signoff so I can try to get my paperwork in before the 1st

Correct, you need the livescan receipt and 2 copies of the form 1 for the pikesville MSP. You don't need the pictures until you get the form 1's back from the MSP. And as already mentioned, don't sign the form 1's until they tell you to while they watch at the MSP. I got my signed papers back in less than 7 days.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    So wait, how come you got your CLEO sign off in a week at MSP, but someone else said eleven weeks? What's going on over there?! Lol I just want my form 4 back that I submitted two weeks ago :(

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Correct, you need the livescan receipt and 2 copies of the form 1 for the pikesville MSP. You don't need the pictures until you get the form 1's back from the MSP. And as already mentioned, don't sign the form 1's until they tell you to while they watch at the MSP. I got my signed papers back in less than 7 days.

Or I just bypass all this if I can get a trust set up quickly? lol.. Thinking this is what I'm going to do.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    So wait, how come you got your CLEO sign off in a week at MSP, but someone else said eleven weeks? What's going on over there?! Lol I just want my form 4 back that I submitted two weeks ago :(

Because MSP has no system of first come, first serve. There are numerous instances of people getting their forms back before others who dropped theirs off before them. Sometimes its just a difference of a couple weeks. Other times it could be a difference of a couple months.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

I dropped one off on 1 July and still waiting for it.
    I dropped one off on 15 July and received it back 20 July.

Who the hell knows? :shrug:

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County

I dropped off all of these materials today but signed the form in box number 7. Will this get kicked back to me?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I dropped off all of these materials today but signed the form in box number 7. Will this get kicked back to me?

Did someone come down and get them from you or did you drop them off at the window? If you left them at the window, I believe they will get kicked back. The MSP rep needs to check your ID and witness you signing them.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    I just dropped off my forms in Pikesville today. Their hours are Mon-Fri from 10-2. No forms to fill out there, they just call someone down and pick up the paperwork. Hold off signing the back of the Form 4 till you get there. They told me I should see it back in 4-5 weeks.

Dropped off 2 Form 4s at MSP: 7/19/2013
    Date signed by MSP: 8/27/2013
    Date 2 Form 4s received from MSP: 9/7/2013

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Form 4 dropped at MSP 15 July
    Date signed by MSP 27 Aug
    Postmark on envelope 6 Sept
    Date received from MSP 9 Sept.