• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Just found out that a Form 3 I've been waiting on for 4 months is apparently in problem status.

For anyone who has run into this before, how long did it take to get resolved?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    If it's a form 3 problem, just have your SOT call to find out what's wrong. They can normally get things resolved over the phone or in a week or two.
    I've had form 1 and form 4 problem status items resolved in a couple weeks to as short as 3 minutes.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Out of curiosity, HTF do you have a form 3 in a problem status?

rsideout is correct. They're normally very good when working with SOTs, sometimes the USPS is the longest link in the chain for Form3 corrections.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah, I don't know how a distributor manages to get a Form 3 into problem status either.

My SOT is the one who told me that it's in problem status and should be resolved soon.

I was just hoping to get an idea of how long "soon" might be.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Depends on the problem. Your SOT should be handling this. Did he say why? If not, call him. It's nothing to do with you. Sounds like the seller/manufacturer did something wrong.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Depends on the problem. Your SOT should be handling this. Did he say why? If not, call him. It's nothing to do with you. Sounds like the seller/manufacturer did something wrong.

No, SOT doesn't have any details. Kind of sounds like it happens regularly to them. I'm sure the distributor screwed something up - this after they "lost the paperwork" and didn't start the Form 3 for a month after the order was put in.

Been another couple of weeks now, figure it must be getting resolved any day.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Just to close this out, finally got resolved. Turns out the distributor had accidentally submitted the same serial number for multiple transfers which put them in problem status, then ignored it for several months.

In the end the Form 3 took about 7 months, but glad to have it finished.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Just to close this out, finally got resolved. Turns out the distributor had accidentally submitted the same serial number for multiple transfers which put them in problem status, then ignored it for several months.

In the end the Form 3 took about 7 months, but glad to have it finished.

out them

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes, I'd like to know who they are. I wouldn't want to use someone like that. That was an easy fix and shouldn't have taken more than 30 days to clear up. 7 months is plan lazy.

Jim Smith

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Sorry guys, don't know who the distributor was and I'm not going to mention the dealer; he wasn't the one responsible for the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom