• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Check cashed to pending is taking 8+ weeks right now. Calling at the 4 week mark isn't gonna do you any good.

Sheeeit. From what I saw most trusts seemed like they went pending in about a month, maybe I misread it.

No matter. This isn't my first stamp, I know the drill. "Forget about it." :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Sheeeit. From what I saw most trusts seemed like they went pending in about a month, maybe I misread it.

No matter. This isn't my first stamp, I know the drill. "Forget about it." :D

Exactly. Just do your best to forget about it. Each new stamp makes it easier and easier to do so. :D

Id give them a call around the 2.5 month mark and check for pending status. Then just wait till the stamp shows up.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Two recent trust form 4's of mine:

Mailed 4/6 -- Pending 6/19
    Mailed 5/24 -- Pending 7/24

Damn.

Well my housemates said they plan on moving in the spring. I'll be ok if I have to change my address, right?

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Sounds like about 7 months. ATF cashed my check beginning of March so, I'm hoping for a stamp by early October...

I'm in the exact same boat. I try not to think about it. lol. (Thats for a .45 Ti-Rant) I'm just hoping I see it before Christmas :rolleyes:

I did another two recently for an SBR w/ a Ti can. I dont even want to think about how long it will be for those. I'd like to get a TB can for my .338LM someday too but I gotta make it before I can spend it, right?

so many toys, so little time.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Damn.

Well my housemates said they plan on moving in the spring. I'll be ok if I have to change my address, right?

Call them up and explain the situation. Ask what they want you to do.

Sometimes you just have to submit a 5320.20 (they asked me to do that with my F4 suppressor), other times (as they did with me this last time) they'll send your form 1 back to you for you to correct and return with your new address.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Form1 - SBR
    Pending: 4/8/13
    Pending Aprroval: 8/7/13
    Examiner: Ferris

Form4 - Suppressor
    Pending: 9/13/13
    Examiner: Ferris

Last edited:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Call them up and explain the situation. Ask what they want you to do.

Sometimes you just have to submit a 5320.20 (they asked me to do that with my F4 suppressor), other times (as they did with me this last time) they'll send your form 1 back to you for you to correct and return with your new address.

Thanks. I know NFA branch is easy to deal with, I've moved a lot and they've always been accomodating.

Hopefully it'll come back before I move or won't move at all. But I know that's a pipe dream. :D

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I called the NFA branch to check on the status of some Form 4s. Apparently they are not checking status of forms due to the federal shutdown. The nice lady on the phone just said they cannot check status of the forms during the shutdown.

I did not ask if they were still processing forms. I hope they are , but wont get my hopes up. Mine were due to be approved any day now.
    SO close, yet so far away.

Dave

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Well I called the NFA branch to check on the status of some Form 4s. Apparently they are not checking status of forms due to the federal shutdown. The nice lady on the phone just said they cannot check status of the forms during the shutdown.

I did not ask if they were still processing forms. I hope they are , but wont get my hopes up. Mine were due to be approved any day now.
    SO close, yet so far away.

Dave

:facepalm:

Have a Form1 that should be approved any day now. Well...... that was until the shutdown. Who knows now.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, I have a form 1 with "check cashed" on Feb 12. Who knows if that got done before they shut down? Chances aren't looking so bad according to NFAtracker, but it's also not 100% predictive...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I wonder what they did with my $200. Maybe it'll pay for Obamination's bar tab for one night. :shrug:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I heard back about two of my Form 4s. They are in. With any luck i can pick up my new toys Sat evening. :D

Now I just need to get the other two Form 4s in and get my first MG.

Dave

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Well I heard back about two of my Form 4s. They are in. With any luck i can pick up my new toys Sat evening. :D

Now I just need to get the other two Form 4s in and get my first MG.

Dave

Nice! What are you able to pick up? And if you dont mind me asking, what was your Pending date on them?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Had a check for two stamps cashed yesterday... They must not be totally shut down.

Lol. The IRS is taking tax payments but refunds are on hold... :rolleyes:

At least you don't have to worry what happened to it or they let it sit around until it's no good or whatever.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Nice! What are you able to pick up? And if you dont mind me asking, what was your Pending date on them?

Well my Pending dates were Feb 2,2013. My 2nd Pending dates were July 2 and July 15. Approval dates for both seem to be Sept 27 (3 days before shutdown) :party29:

I heard from my other goodies supplier. All my 4 stamps are back in.

That would be two stamps for my MP5SD (SBR and Suppressor) and two for an M11/9 (MG) and another Suppressor.

Will hopefully have all if it safe and sound in my safe by Sat night.

Dave :D :D :D

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Well my Pending dates were Feb 2,2013. My 2nd Pending dates were July 2 and July 15. Approval dates for both seem to be Sept 27 (3 days before shutdown) :party29:

I heard from my other goodies supplier. All my 4 stamps are back in.

That would be two stamps for my MP5SD (SBR and Suppressor) and two for an M11/9 (MG) and another Suppressor.

Will hopefully have all if it safe and sound in my safe by Sat night.

Dave :D :D :D

Nice! Do you know who your examiner was?

auf_2

Mar 29, 2013
    SBR (M4 w/ Mk18.) Pending on 21 March. Should be in the home stretch.
    (Only SA. Didn't have $$ for transferrable FA.)
    Ready to do paperwork for the Suppressor.
    ... and now the wait for Congress ...
    Time. Of necessity, I seem to have nothing but time ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom