• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Do the same rules apply to the NFA registered owner being present when they are in use? I'm thinking yes since it has a stamp but wanted to double check.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Yes, if you want to have multiple users, you can also use a trust and appoint others within it.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    As of right now nothing has changed as far as I know. I just received my osprey a couple months back. I know there was talk of changing what's required for a purchase using a trust, but I have not seen anything officially change yet. I'm by no means a lawyer though.

I just did a form for an SBR using my trust through their new application site before Oct 1st and didn't have a problem.

I plan to use my trust to buy a sparrow as soon as I'm back in the state.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I hope a trust still works. Sent in my form 4s for an Osprey and Sparrow over a month ago and checks have still not been cashed.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Are they still approving Trust silencer purchases?

The ATF, as ordered by Executive Order, has proposed a new rule to change the way in which the ATF processes trusts and the requirements for trust filings. That change to the regulations is going through the "proposed rule" process (comment period) and, if acceptable, will be put into place as early as next year but probably later.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    The ATF, as ordered by Executive Order, has proposed a new rule to change the way in which the ATF processes trusts and the requirements for trust filings. That change to the regulations is going through the "proposed rule" process (comment period) and, if acceptable, will be put into place as early as next year but probably later.

That answer is way more detailed and intelligent than mine. One free internet star for you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom