• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    are you talking about the bolt just slightly being out of full battery? if so, that's normal, because the BCG will eventually get far enough forward that the hammer can fall if you pull the trigger, but since the bolt isn't seated/rotated, the firing pin won't protrude to strike the primer.

I had exactly that happen at the range last week. No big deal.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I just dont want it to fire early.. as long as the bolt closes faster than the hammer hits im ok.. its just i am not an expert and would hate for it to blow up

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I am slowing letting the bolt go back in and pulling the trigger to see where it will first start to break

what in the actual ****?

why would you not just dry fire it normally with the bolt all the way forward (and nothing in the chamber)--you know, the right way?

why would you....ugh. this is retarded.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    what in the actual ****?

why would you not just dry fire it normally with the bolt all the way forward (and nothing in the chamber)--you know, the right way?

why would you....ugh. this is retarded.

It took you a little while to see were being trolled. ;)

At least you tried to help.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Actually im getting light hammer strikes on occasion, im gonna throw a h2 in it and see if that helps.. wasntt sure if the trigger was hitting too early .. I noticed it can pull before the bolt is closed, wasnt sure if thats normal .. for all I know theres something that is supposed to stop that from happening

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Actually im getting light hammer strikes on occasion, im gonna throw a h2 in it and see if that helps.. wasntt sure if the trigger was hitting too early .. I noticed it can pull before the bolt is closed, wasnt sure if thats normal .. for all I know theres something that is supposed to stop that from happening

Your trigger is not the problem. If I thought you weren't trolling I would help.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Take it to a gunsmith and let them check it out for you. Why are you playing around with a gun like that? Why would you pull a trigger when the bolt isn't closed all the way?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Take it to a gunsmith and let them check it out for you. Why are you playing around with a gun like that? Why would you pull a trigger when the bolt isn't closed all the way?

The bolt is closing. The gun has carrier bounce and the hammer is dropping when the carrier rebounds. Thus the light hammer hits.

He is trying to diagnose the wrong thing.

Its not something most gunsmiths can diagnose without taking it to a range and dumping a few hundred dollars worth of ammo.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I ordered an h2 the other day.. should be here thursday, hoping itll help with that.. a lot of places I looked suggested carrier bounce and to try a heavier buffer.. others suggesting that hammer was dragging on the bolt (or something)

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    The bolt is closing. The gun has carrier bounce and the hammer is dropping when the carrier rebounds. Thus the light hammer hits.

He is trying to diagnose the wrong thing.

Its not something most gunsmiths can diagnose without taking it to a range and dumping a few hundred dollars worth of ammo.

I thought he was playing around with it, pulling the trigger with the bolt not fully engaged.:thumbsup:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Maybe a troll, but bolt position has nothing to do with the point at which you can pull the trigger and drop the hammer. There is no connection between the bolt carrier and the fire control group.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Maybe a troll, but bolt position has nothing to do with the point at which you can pull the trigger and drop the hammer. There is no connection between the bolt carrier and the fire control group.

I kindof figured but wasnt sure... I do know the bolt itself does stop you from pulling the trigger untill its so far forward.. but it appears to just be the carrier blocking it from doing so

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom