• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    have pre 10/1 lowers and not interested in a trust. So fill out form 1 and drive to Pikesville to get them to sign off and pay the $200 and then wait? Is this correct? Just be clear this will allow me to build an ar with a stock that's less than 29" OAL?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually you take the paperwork to Pikesville and wait for them to sign it (months). THEN you send it off with a check for $200 to BATFE and wait again.

With trust, you eliminate the first wait.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Actually you take the paperwork to Pikesville and wait for them to sign it (months). THEN you send it off with a check for $200 to BATFE and wait again.

With trust, you eliminate the first wait.

It doesn't take months for MSP to sign off. Right now they're are completing signoff within 4-6 weeks.

To answer the OP's question regarding <29" SBR's, ATF will not signoff on them even if it's a pre Oct lower or firearm. I know because I'm already in that boat. Before MSP started making up the law, they signed off on my Form 1 for a pre-Oct lower for a 27" oal sbr. This was back in March. Two weeks ago I spoke with Shawn Cook at the ATF and was told that my Form 1 was marked for disapproval. He said that MSP instructed them to disapprove all SBR's with an OAL less than 29" even if they were pre-Oct firearms, and even if they themselves (MSP) signed off on them.

I asked if I could make corrections to my Form 1 and Shawn Cook said he noted in my file that corrections were requested and that once my turn for review came up he would send it back to me for the updated information. I will be updating it with a new barrel length (10.5"), and a new OAL (29.5").

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't care how long it takes......I'm just trying to get a def anwser to my op.

The answer to your question is, Yes, that is what you do.

Although BATFE has been wanting a copy of the 77R that you originally purchased the rifle or lower on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom