• ...and so much more!
  • jaybee

Ultimate Member
    Looking for a compound bow for my daughter

well she got into shooting bows and renting a bow is getting expensive

need a right handed bow
    first choice - looking for a youth or ladies bow plus the accessories
    second choice - looking for a regular adult bow plus the accessories

this will be her first bow, so as she learns, she will decide what she really wants and if she wants to stay in it

ya gotta start with somthin

thanks

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    My mother has a bow she would sell. It's a Darton Yukon XT. I can find out more details today. We are in Baltimore.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Buying a bow is like buying a suit...

RH or LH..?

Wheel to Wheel Centers...?

Desired Draw Weight, Min - Max..?

Type of Cam, Smooth or Harsh..?

Cam Let Off 50%, 60% , 75%, etc ?

Required Draw Length to hold at center of the Cam Dwell..?

Will she shoot Fingers or Release..?

Will she add a stabilizer..?

Hunting or Target Sights..?

If she is serious, you need to visit a bow shop to get her sized & outfitted...

Seeing that you are in hazard County, I'd recommend,
    Autumn Sky Outfitters on Rte 1, about 5 miles North of Hickory...

You should look by yourself first to get a ball park price estimate...

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    How old is she? What kind of bows has she been shooting? I second the recommendation for Autumn Sky Outfitters they are awesome. A little bit further but Lancaster Archery supply is great and they have just about every bow you could imagine. They will set them up and let her shoot them.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    she is a 120 pound, right handed, adult who has been renting when she goes shooting, now she wants to own but not spend a lot of money

sounds familiar

BTW, I'll end up giving it to her, so the less that I spend, the less that I'll lose.

:lol:

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    I got my wife a diamond Infinite Edge and she has been extremely happy. I got it from Appalachian archery in Hancock, Maryland. I took her up after are wedding and they gave her multiple bows to try and test. the diamond was her favorite. I was happy for it was one of the more fair priced bows she had to pick from. the only down fall is diamond is by bowtech and with me being a Hoyt man u can see my dilemma. with half dozen arrows and fully set up ready to shoot it finished out around 450

D19DD768-7FCD-4AB0-A5D0-C5AF6998A419.jpg

Praeger

Apr 7, 2014
    Howard County
    Looking for a compound bow for my daughter

well she got into shooting bows and renting a bow is getting expensive

need a right handed bow
    first choice - looking for a youth or ladies bow plus the accessories
    second choice - looking for a regular adult bow plus the accessories

this will be her first bow, so as she learns, she will decide what she really wants and if she wants to stay in it

ya gotta start with somthin

thanks

The Mathews Genesis line of bows are excellent novice bows. Unlike other compound bows, they have no fixed draw length so there is little to no set up. They can be shot bare with fingers like a recurve, or fit with an arrow rest, sight, D-Loop and shot like a conventional compound bow with a release.

http://www.genesisbow.com/

If she is set on a conventional compound bow, best bet is find a good archery shop so she can be properly fit for draw length and draw weight. Several good shops in Maryland, however, if you don't mind the drive, nothing local comes close to Lancaster Archery.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/

Update-Just read your daughter is an adult. Sounds like she's in the market for a conventional compound bow. Genesis bows are generally best suited for children. Best buy is generally a compound bow package - bow with rest, sight, and a quiver. Usually entry level equipment, but certainly good enough to shoot with. Which one? It's up to your price point. Least expensive is something like the Diamond Edge for $350 (not including arrows - about another $60-$80). She'll need a release if she doesn't already have one, least expensive go for about $35 for a wrist hunting style.

Here's the LA package section: http://www.lancasterarchery.com/bows/compound-bows/compound-bow-packages.html

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    My 12 year old got a Mathews Craze a couple months back and really likes it. It can be adjusted from 20 - 70 pounds and 20 - 30 inch draw, I think those numbers are about right you may want to check. With that level of flexibility she can adjust and use it as she grows. Got it at Jefferson Archery and she was able to shoot it and get it tuned up before we took it home.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    My 10 Year old daughter has a Bear Apprentice 3 that's fully adjustable and customizable. I took her to Autumn Sky Outfitters and they took care of her. They tuned it, took her to the range and let her shoot it until she was comfortable. Once she was comfortable, she bought it or should I say she let me buy it, while she owns and uses it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom