• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    Where I work the internal network uses DHCP to assign IP addresses to desktops and laptops. If the desktop or laptop stays up it keeps its IP address for as long as months at a time. Your cable modem does the same thing with your cable company. If you have verizon FiOS then it is the same as a cable company. The work WiFi network works the same way.

They company, BPS, just needs to clear out there ******* IP address list ever week or so and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, but that is just annoying. Especially since you can just call up your ISP, and request to have your IP address changed the same day you get an IP ban. Normally they won't care and will just release your IP lease, and allow DHCP to assign you a new one.

No company with a decent IT team will ever IP ban users, unless they are IP addresses from foreign countries and known spammers.

I also agree it sounds like a server and/or local computer issue. Doubtful they would ban you for a single complaint.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Cable modems and FIOS routers have a lease period for the externally facing IP address you receive. Even if you cycle the power you generally get the same IP you had unless you are reprovisioned or are powered off past the ip lease period, so it is very possible to ban someone based on IP.

That said the fact that someone called him probably means his complaint was escalated and investigated, and it may be part of some policy by BPS to block an IP until a complaint has been handled.

Steps I would try if I were the OP.
    1-go to a friends house and log in to your account
    2-Take your Kindle to a place with a public wifi [coffee house?] try to access your account.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Cable modems and FIOS routers have a lease period for the externally facing IP address you receive. Even if you cycle the power you generally get the same IP you had unless you are reprovisioned or are powered off past the ip lease period, so it is very possible to ban someone based on IP.

That said the fact that someone called him probably means his complaint was escalated and investigated, and it may be part of some policy by BPS to block an IP until a complaint has been handled.

Steps I would try if I were the OP.
    1-go to a friends house and log in to your account
    2-Take your Kindle to a place with a public wifi [coffee house?] try to access your account.

I would think that him saying 'i am not an internet assassin' or whatever it was could have raised some suspicion since he was trying to buy powder. They could look at it the way airport security looks at bomb jokes. Answering the call could have help, if they did ban him

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I don't by from big box stores as much as possible and try to give business to privately owned or family owned business. It's not possible all the time but usually I find better customer service this way. Screw bass pro, cabela's and whoever else....

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I agree with Turbohugh. go somewhere else and try. Too much work to ban an IP by filteing huge web logs.

My Comcrap router cycles itself every so often. I tend to get a new IP. Hello No-IP :) I see DHCPDiscover traffic once in a while which means it went past the 87.5% lease time without the DHCP server answering a DHCPREQUEST when it was looking to renew its lease. Meh. I attribute it to Comcrap. Some of my friends have had the same IP for a while.

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Recently drove an hour to get to basspro for reloading supplies that were confirmed in stock online.

Powder is an arm and a leg to ship, so it's cheaper to drive to get it.

So after going to the store nothing that I needed was in stock. I was pretty disappointed , so when I got home I went online and made a complaint.

Within hours the store manager called me, but I didn't take the call.

Later I went online to look for more supplies, but was given a message that access is denied. And I am still denied access.

Before complaint I had access , after complaint no access.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how could this be legal. If you can get on bass pro website right now, I can't. So it can't be just a web problem.

I didn't use obscene language, I just expressed my disappointment.

I think that 'banned from BassPro' and banned from BassPro's web site may be two entirely different things. The first implies the store. However check your web browser and the other advice already given first......

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So...any resolution? Which Bass Pro did you go to, Arundel Mills? I banned myself from that place a long time ago, and I seem to be getting by just fine.

I went to Cabelas in DE for the first time the other day. The store itself was disappointingly small compared to the one in PA. They had some good ammo prices and lots of powder and primers though.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    So an update from Hammer would answer everyone's speculation. :innocent0

They ever call back again? You get any explanation? Problem solved? Account reinstated? They tell you to just shop somewhere else? :shrug:

hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    update

For $hits any giggles I tried to go in basspro website , and bingo I'm in. Guess they're not mad at me anymore :shocked2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Way late on this one, I don't know what Bass Pro's policy is, but everyone else I have looked at, the $28.50 hazardous materials fee is for the ENTIRE order up to something like 20-25lbs, NOT per item. Which means buying online for powder and primers can make sense when you can get a deal if ordering several pounds. Like going in on an order with a buddy. A few sites (BP substitute) are easily $8-10 a pound cheaper than bass pro...which just means you need to order about 4 pounds to break even on the shipping and hazardous materials fee, not considering your gas and time to drive an hour each way to get to the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom