• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    Recently drove an hour to get to basspro for reloading supplies that were confirmed in stock online.

Powder is an arm and a leg to ship, so it's cheaper to drive to get it.

So after going to the store nothing that I needed was in stock. I was pretty disappointed , so when I got home I went online and made a complaint.

Within hours the store manager called me, but I didn't take the call.

Later I went online to look for more supplies, but was given a message that access is denied. And I am still denied access.

Before complaint I had access , after complaint no access.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how could this be legal. If you can get on bass pro website right now, I can't. So it can't be just a web problem.

I didn't use obscene language, I just expressed my disappointment.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hmmm. This happened on a website?

I do not think the "access denied" error message means, what you think it means.....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Lets see here, two hours driving plus fuel, then say, another hour in the store...cheaper for me to pay the extra freight for powder and primers.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Recently drove an hour to get to basspro for reloading supplies that were confirmed in stock online.

So after going to the store nothing that I needed was in stock. I was pretty disappointed , so when I got home I went online and made a complaint.

Later I went online to look for more supplies, but was given a message that access is denied. And I am still denied access.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how could this be legal. If you can get on bass pro website right now, I can't. So it can't be just a web problem.

First, have you tried a different web browser (e.g. use Chrome if you used FireFox or IE before)? Maybe it's just a browser issue.

Second, if you're really blocked, can't you just create another account with another email address to see if you get access? I would be surprised if they've banned at the IP level (as you wouldn't be able to get to their website - and this has the potential to inadvertently block others).

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Tell them you are gay and you are going to walk in front of their store every weekend with your sign that says BassPro won't do business with gay people.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    They must use Comcast for IT support. Try using "nobodygivesafck" as your new password.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How long do ya think hammer's gonna last around here? I never heard of ANYONE getting banned from BPS.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    He's been here since Feb 2009 and puts up 3 posts a year on average. Don't think that he's in any danger here (and I get that you are being facetious). I suspect that he's having an internet issue and hasn't been banned from BP.

hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    Ok i did say I didn't use profanity.

Basically I said I drove over an hour to get to your store to buy reloading supplies.
    No powder, no primers, no brass

How do you say you support shooting sports, like reloading, you sell reloaders, but no supplies for it.

Guess where I'm not going shop next time, not basspro.

I'm not an internet assassin, I'm a regular guy like most of you.

I won't treat you any different , than I would want to be treated.

Lastly there is a 28.50 surcharge for each item considered as a explosive. I was looking for 4 items. That's over 100.00 not including shipping.

I shared my story for help and answers. I wouldn't post anything if I had attacked basspro if I was at fault.

I'm denied access from my aol screen name I guess I could change my screen name.

I've never been disrespectful to anyone on this or any site. I only post if I have something to add, or if I need help and answers.

I hope this clears up any questions. I don't mind answering more.Thanks.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Ok i did say I didn't use profanity.

Basically I said I drove over an hour to get to your store to buy reloading supplies.
    No powder, no primers, no brass

How do you say you support shooting sports, like reloading, you sell reloaders, but no supplies for it.

Guess where I'm not going shop next time, not basspro.

I'm not an internet assassin, I'm a regular guy like most of you.

I won't treat you any different , than I would want to be treated.

Lastly there is a 28.50 surcharge for each item considered as a explosive. I was looking for 4 items. That's over 100.00 not including shipping.

I shared my story for help and answers. I wouldn't post anything if I had attacked basspro if I was at fault.

I'm denied access from my aol screen name I guess I could change my screen name.

I've never been disrespectful to anyone on this or any site. I only post if I have something to add, or if I need help and answers.

I hope this clears up any questions. I don't mind answering more.Thanks.

I don't think BP banned you from the site. You just might have to clear your cache and cookies, etc.....I had it happen with another site and was able to access shortly after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom