• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Anyone know of a contractor (Harford County, Abingdon) that does good concrete work? I'm looking to have a patio built with stamped concrete and some dying of the concrete. I want multiple colors, so no tinting of the entire truck of concrete. I'm leaning towards a flag stone design, but I'm open to other ideas.

Please email or PM me with anyone you would have (trust) work on your house.

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You won't have to worry about the entire concrete truck being dyed, most hardscape guys these days dye the concrete after its poured

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just talked to a contractor that said he adds the dye to the load while still in the mixer. He just finished a patio for my neighbor. Just looks like grey concrete. Doesn't look good at all in my view.

I had another neighbor pour a small patio and they threw the dye onto the concrete then stamped it to make it multicolored. Don't know how long the coloring will last since it's just on top of the concrete.

That's why I need to talk to someone that others trust.

Thanks!
    Jim Smith

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    An honest hardscape guy should tell you the biggest disadvantage to stamping is that if something ever happens to where you need a repair, it will never match. I'd suggest pavers.

IANAMOHP (I am not a mason or hardscape professional) :D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    An honest hardscape guy should tell you the biggest disadvantage to stamping is that if something ever happens to where you need a repair, it will never match. I'd suggest pavers.

IANAMOHP (I am not a mason or hardscape professional) :D

Thanks, I did know about the repair issues with stamped concrete, but this is what the wife wants. So I give her the stamped concrete and I'll buy 4-5 guns this year. I don't mind compromising one little bit. ;)

Jim Smith

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah from I gather if your stamped concrete cracks, you basically have to bust it all up and do it from scratch or just leave it cracked because a repair will never look right. Not really much in cost savings in the end.

The hardscape guys I know don't do any stamping, but some people swear by it.

I'm not trying to convince you but its much easier to replace paver blocks than redo the entire solid slab thats made to look like individual blocks. You can get those blocks cut and colored anyway you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom