• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 22, 2010
    Catonsville
    Hello,
    I am 17 and my father and have purchased a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for deer hunting as my first deer hunting rifle. The rifle is very accurate at 100 yards. I acheived a 2 inch group at 100 yards with 3 shots. However, the sights are horrible and way off. The rifle was sighted in with the bayonet on, and I shoot with out the bayonet. I do not intend to sell this rifle. I repeat, I do not want to sell this rifle and buy a new one. I intend, however, to make the rifle sights better so that I may shoot with out using holdover. Is there any way to fix these sights and do you have any experience with the Mosin Nagant 91/30? Thanks so much.

Oct 22, 2010
    Catonsville
    Is there any gunsmith within this region that has extensive experience with the Mosin Nagant 91/30? Or rather, is there any shooter with extensive experience with the Mosin Nagant 91/30?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    1. Stop posting the same question, over and over in different sections of the forum.

2. Your question was already answered in your original post about this subject, a couple of weeks ago. Please refer back to that thread.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I also just got my first m91/30 but haven't shot it yet, how the heck do I remove the cleaning rod?

There's a small nut embedded in the stock at the end of the cleaning rod channel that it screws into. It's common for cosmo and crud to get down there and make it hard to unscrew. Just find a punch or something similar that will fit in the hole in the end of the cleaning rod and use that for leverage. Shouldn't take much leverage.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Cheap aint cheap. It's so cool and for only 99 bucks. This sounds like a Cheap used car. I got to have it, I got to have it. What was I thinking as the tow truck tows it off to the junk yard?

Buy quality even if its used.

Damifinow Fish

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think it's safe to say that we can have just one thread on this topic rather than three. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom