• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Sportsmans Guide was offering free shipping on orders over $100, so I ordered a bunch of ammo cans. I'm quite the ammo/magazine whore, so I figured I'd grab a bunch while I could get them cheap. I ordered three 40mm, five .50 caliber, and three .30 caliber cans.

When I opened the boxes I found that all the cans looked nearly new (just like all the others I'd gotten from SG) However, two of the .50 cal cans say .40 caliber S&W on the side. I wasn't aware that our military uses that caliber. I could understand 9mm (one of the cans does say 9mm), but .40 Smith and Wesson? Where the heck did that come from? And two of the five cans say this. It just stuck me as unusual. Anyone have any ideas?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    They got rid of dont ask dont tell so now the military can openly use .40S&W

Nahh kidding, they just realized its a far superior round
    (yes I like to stirr crap up lol, in good fun)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I had this discussion with a co worker about 2 months ago. We were talking about the SIG Navy Pistol. He was in the navy and he called a buddy who was a SEAL and confirmed they still carry the SIG Navy althought they are authorized to carry any pistol they want. he said most of them carry the 1911 but some carry the SIG

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Ill die before I own another .40. Die I tell you.

Hey, I wanted to tell you where I knew youd see it. I was at another member(drmsparks) house and he showed me a trigger job you did on a standard AR trigger. I gotta hand it to you, that was a nice f***king trigger! Very good work.

Anyway, ANOTHER .40.....got too many as it is huh?:innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey, I wanted to tell you where I knew youd see it. I was at another member(drmsparks) house and he showed me a trigger job you did on a standard AR trigger. I gotta hand it to you, that was a nice f***king trigger! Very good work.

Anyway, ANOTHER .40.....got too many as it is huh?:innocent0

I dont know what your talking about. I have never worked on an AR before. :D

Thanks for the compliments 04RWon

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Any statement coming after the words "The SEALs use" is a lie 96% of the time.

Any person that says "When I was in the SEALs" is a liar 97% of the time.

Just so you all knew...

How come nobody cares what the other spec ops groups use? PJ's, Delta, the 160th, Green Berets, etc? Kind of annoys me that the SEALs get all the love.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Just so you all knew...

How come nobody cares what the other spec ops groups use? PJ's, Delta, the 160th, Green Berets, etc? Kind of annoys me that the SEALs get all the love.

Its simple navy guys are beefcakes. :lol2:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Just so you all knew...

You forgot Chuck Norris....but he only uses his fist and beard

Actually good point. I think its because the SEAL's are a primary focus of the media at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom