PA no longer has reciprocity with non-resident Utah CCW holders.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Geez, say it ain't true. They stopped FLA non-resident CCW some time ago, and I see effective 26-June, PA no longer honors Utah non-resident.

is there any way for a MD resident to obtain a PA non-resident CCW? Appears as long as you have a CCW from your home state it's easy, but seeing how that's virtually impossible in MD, suggestions?

Are there any states other than Utah and FLA that I can obtain a non-resident CCW that is honored by PA?

Thanks

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you live in MD and cannot get a MD permit, your only legal option is OC. And don't go into Philly. License required there for anything.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    In the thread I posted above, wasn't it mentioned you could GO to Texas to get a non-res permit as a Maryland citizen and that would be honored by PA?

Or did that change / I'm not remembering correctly? Or is PA not honoring ANY non-res permits now?

Hehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PA still honors NR Texas permits but if AG Kane follows her previous behavior, I'd guess they'll be dropped unless there is some monkey business going on.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Open carry. It's legal as long as it's not concealed. You will however need a permit from any state to carry loaded in your car.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have heard that there is a bill in the legislature to statutorily honor other state permits, including UT. If that passed and is signed, the AG will not be able to do anything about it.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Also you can not OC go to car put in trunk drive to new place and then OC again, there car rules are much like ours.

NOBODY

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah young grasshopper. A permit issued by ANY jurisdiction , wether otherwise recognized by Pa or not , allows carry in vehicles. So your (where ever NR permit) would allow you to pack inside your vehicle in Pa. As you exit the vehicle you would need to perform the manouvour previously known as the * Virginia Tuck * .

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Ah young grasshopper. A permit issued by ANY jurisdiction , wether otherwise recognized by Pa or not , allows carry in vehicles. So your (where ever NR permit) would allow you to pack inside your vehicle in Pa. As you exit the vehicle you would need to perform the manouvour previously known as the * Virginia Tuck * .

I stand or rather sit corrected,

18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6106

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
    (a) Offense defined.--
    (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    (2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

{snip}

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

{snip}

(14) A person lawfully engaged in the interstate transportation of a firearm as defined under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3) (relating to definitions) in compliance with 18 U.S.C. § 926A (relating to interstate transportation of firearms).

(15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:
    (i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.
    (ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.

NOT VALID IN PHILTHADELPHIA.

NOBODY

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom