• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    In past shows I've bought a 1956 Mannlicher Schoenauer carbine and a Parker VH that was restored very nicely as well as a Pietta replica of an 1858 Remington revolver.

GunLvrPhD

Apr 16, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    So this includes C&R type stuff not just genuine pre 1898 antiques?

I think handguns for sale are pre-1898, but rifles and shotguns for sale can be more modern. I have gotten some great deals there over the years and (sadly) passed up even more great deals. Still kicking myself over the Inland M1 Carbine I once failed to buy.

RugerFan

Jul 18, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Does anyone know if makers of reproduction kits come to this show?

I've always wanted to build a Kentucky-style flintlock rifle similar to the one my grandfather had (which was stolen when I was 12). There's no way I could afford the real thing, plus it would be a great project.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Does anyone know if makers of reproduction kits come to this show?

I've always wanted to build a Kentucky-style flintlock rifle similar to the one my grandfather had (which was stolen when I was 12). There's no way I could afford the real thing, plus it would be a great project.
    Depends on what quality you're looking for. If you want the $300 el-cheapo, no. If you want a top-flight kit, Dunlap Woodcrafts usually has a table.

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    I posted in the C&R section about some .32 rimfire short. Several members recommended that I go to the Baltimore Antique. Has anyone been to this show recently? Do they have older ammo for sale?

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    there is usally collector ammo for sale even pinfire.
    I have scored some great shotguns at this show my 16 gauge Darne, my Pieper 10 gauge hammer gun and my 12 gauge Manufrance Ideal all came from Baltimore.
    Also several boxes of original 405 winchester ammo.
    This is the show for stuff that is old and you cant find anywhere else. There will be lots of 03's and Garands but if you are looking for a Johnson rifle or maybe some original Samauri armor this is the show

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Always go more for the entertainment value than purchase. In the last 10 yrs the only significant purchase was a ultra rare Webley M1910 .38acp pistol holster (never seen another for sale since). Otherwise I treat it like strolling through a museum. Cheaper than a movie ticker (esp on Sunday when they drop the admission price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom