• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Proof?

Does anyone have any actual evidence that O is coming in response to this threat, and not something unrelated as some have suggested?

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    I learned last night that Maryland senate members had to get a special security clearance for the visit. On the face this is supposed to look like Obama is only meeting with U.S. senators but in reality the state senators will be addressed also. This is why we must show up in numbers and continue to fight. MOM knows some of his own party will vote against this bill so his response is to bring Obama to town and change their minds with political threats. The NRA was in town last week and held a dinner for these same senators. Now it is MOM and Obama's turn. Just the way things work.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Agreed we need to be prepared, but in some sense it does matter.

I'm unsure about how much his personal arrival would sway the vote, but I would expect it to have at least some impact. We should factor that into our equation for measuring our rate of anticipated success.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    As I stated there is no dispersing us, the police at the capital confirmed we are good to go.

They can not kick us out of the State House, we have every right to testify. They just can not do that.

He is not even going to the State House. He is there to speak to U.S. Senate Democrats who plan to gather at the Westin hotel. The address will not be open to the public or to reporters. The Westin is a pretty long distance from Lawyer's Mall.

This is from one of the Rally Organizers. I would think HE would know what is going on

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I also find in interestingly COINCIDENTAL that people that have just joined in the last week APPARENTLY know more than the EVENT ORGANIZERS. I'm not saying they don't know, just find it interesting.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I learned last night that Maryland senate members had to get a special security clearance for the visit. On the face this is supposed to look like Obama is only meeting with U.S. senators but in reality the state senators will be addressed also. This is why we must show up in numbers and continue to fight. MOM knows some of his own party will vote against this bill so his response is to bring Obama to town and change their minds with political threats. The NRA was in town last week and held a dinner for these same senators. Now it is MOM and Obama's turn. Just the way things work.

No offense but you're a new member with a low post count and some established members with known connections in Annapolis have info to the contrary. So if you expect us to believe you, you're going to have to do a little better with your proof.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    I also find in interestingly COINCIDENTAL that people that have just joined in the last week APPARENTLY know more than the EVENT ORGANIZERS. I'm not saying they don't know, just find it interesting.

I'm assuming this is addressed at me so here is my reply...

How is that so interesting? Why is it if someone posts reliable information form a very reliable source it is it met with such sarcasm? In my case I just happen to know someone who works on the committee and informs me of things he knows are important to me. I was only giving everyone a heads up. I will certainly think twice about it in the future.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Suggest EVERYONE with a senator on the JPC do the same.
    Maybe its a smoke screen, Maybe its a ploy or maybe its real but preemption always trumps defensive fall-back measures.;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Senator Shank

I've just learned that it is very likely there will be a Presidential visit to Annapolis Wed. Feb 6th.

It is feared by some that security measures may unduly disrupt attempts by citizens to demonstrate opposition to Governor O'Malley's proposed firearms law.

If there is anything that can be done to prevent this it should be done. ANYTHING, including an advance request that the President not visit the Senate office building, Lawyer's Mall or any locations where his security may prevent the exercise of our right to expression, assembly or petition, in attempt to preserve our firearms rights.

Sincerely,
    ______ ______

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Bono,

With so many new members, we don't know who is a plant or who is really on our side.

Is there anyway you can provide proof that would not jeopardize your source?

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm assuming this is addressed at me so here is my reply...

How is that so interesting? Why is it if someone posts reliable information form a very reliable source it is it met with such sarcasm? In my case I just happen to know someone who works on the committee and informs me of things he knows are important to me. I was only giving everyone a heads up. I will certainly think twice about it in the future.

No worries. Everyone is just a bit suspicious right now about everything, the hearing being so near and such. Maryland politicians, liberals especially, like playing dirty tricks to advance their agenda. Everyone is on edge. I'll consider anything anyone has to say. Most folks here just think out loud, and mean no harm. Welcome to the forum.

BTW, we've gotten a whole new increase of members lately, let's not scare them off.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    Bono,

With so many new members, we don't know who is a plant or who is really on our side.

Is there anyway you can provide proof that would not jeopardize your source?

First off I am not a plant and joined this forum, like many others, when I found there are others that are fighting to keep our 2A rights. As far as proof goes, the only think I can offer is that this individual is a county elected official assigned to the senate judiciary committee. That is really all I can say without giving this person's name.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    No worries. Everyone is just a bit suspicious right now about everything, the hearing being so near and such. Maryland politicians, liberals especially, like playing dirty tricks to advance their agenda. Everyone is on edge. I'll consider anything anyone has to say. Most folks here just think out loud, and mean no harm. Welcome to the forum.

BTW, we've gotten a whole new increase of members lately, let's not scare them off.

Thank you! Glad to be here.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    this is what i have herd as well . Googlr OBAMA in Annapolis and it comes up in a Baltimore Sun blog

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will arrive in Annapolis on Wednesday to speak to U.S. Senate Democrats who plan to gather at the Westin hotel next week, the White House said Friday.

The address will not be open to the public or to reporters.

Democratic senators plan to meet in Annapolis on Tuesday and Wednesday for an annual retreat. The meeting is also largely closed to the public and reporters. Obama frequently visits the congressional retreats, such as last year's meeting of House Democrats in Cambridge.

Phil I Am

Sep 16, 2009
    Loudoun County, Virginia.
    this is what i have herd as well . Googlr OBAMA in Annapolis and it comes up in a Baltimore Sun blog

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will arrive in Annapolis on Wednesday to speak to U.S. Senate Democrats who plan to gather at the Westin hotel next week, the White House said Friday.

The address will not be open to the public or to reporters.

Democratic senators plan to meet in Annapolis on Tuesday and Wednesday for an annual retreat. The meeting is also largely closed to the public and reporters. Obama frequently visits the congressional retreats, such as last year's meeting of House Democrats in Cambridge.

Oh yeah, I forgot his press secretary said this. I was thinking he would say gun rally in the announcement.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I'm new to the forum as well but just trying to share what knowledge I have. If POTUS is planning a visit to the State building and if it was not part of his public schedule the intent is for no one aside from who he is visiting to know about it until he is already gone. Organizer or not, without someone in the privileged circle of trust completely tossing opsec out the window we would not know about it beforehand.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    All I can be certain of is that I'll be there.

Everyone should be excited to politically swamp the place and speak our mind. Especially if BHO shows...bringing press with him. Personally, I think it's beneath the office to strong-arm a state senate. Maybe it'll politically back fire on him- like posing kids for the speech he gave.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I can't seem to find an answer to this:

What is the earliest that we can sign up to testify and submit our written testimony?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So far the only two locations WHCA has support geared for on the 6th are USNA and the Annapolis Westin. No trip sites at either the House or Senate Office Buildings as of late last night. I will reverify with my former workmate at WHCA on Monday.

If the MD State Dems are going to hear from Obama, then they would have to go over to the Westin at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom