• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    Hmm I applied on July 21. Status still says pending after a week. Most stuff was check July 22 execpt NICS and CJIS are incomplete.

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    Ok so I finally called spoke to nice lady Diane im approved waiting on a troppers review & should make wed printing.

While I had her on phone asked could you start your paperwork b4 you had card in hand but after you are active & had your hql number she advised yes. So why dont dealers let you atleast start your paperwork but not pickup till card in hand? I know some do & some dont but this should be uniform across the board.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    RANDOM....but the HQL comes in handy when you need two forms of ID, and you cant find your SSC or birth cert.
    im am now wondering if i will find something on my credit report soon.....

Camry21205

Jul 26, 2014
    Crazy Right!!! Did App the 21st and Active the 29th!!! #BeautifulBaby
    Recieved HQL Card 8.2.2014!!!! See Ya!!!

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Complete application 7/26
    Background letter received 7/28
    No updates 8/8
    Emailed for status 8/8 and told they are still legally able to take up to 30 days.
    This just plain sucks. I can only hope they are under staffed from vacations...

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Complete application 7/26
    Background letter received 7/28
    No updates 8/8
    Emailed for status 8/8 and told they are still legally able to take up to 30 days.
    This just plain sucks. I can only hope they are under staffed from vacations...

Well that's no good. I got my livescan done and filled out the online app yesterday. Everything showed complete today. I hope it's not going to be a long wait. There is a SR22 at 2A that is waiting for me to go in and buy it.

Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    That does suck. Where did you get printed? I had mine done @ HOCO show recently, stinking commie license arrived this past week.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    That does suck. Where did you get printed? I had mine done @ HOCO show recently, stinking commie license arrived this past week.

Complete course/prints/app done at worth-a-shot.

I'm hoping it's just a delay because I have a very common name and get stopped for extra scrutiny each time I fly, but they don't have any problems figuring out who I am for my taxes, jury duty, and every other time their hands are in my pockets.

MXSteve89

Nov 12, 2012
    I filed July 29th, CJIS, JIS, and DHS are still incomplete. Going to give them a call on Monday and see what's up.

This blows! :tdown:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Good theory on the speediness for training exempt people. I'm also lucky because I don't have a common name. For once it pays off having a name that most people can't pronounce right.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    Fingerprinted/Applied August 1st, HQL went active August 5th, and received my HQL card August 9th. I was training exempt

Now I need to decide between a SIG P227 or a 1911!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom