• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I am not sure what it's called, but the gate is practically under the railroad tracks (if that helps).

Attono

Aug 20, 2009
    Anything more on this? Is there still a rifle range available? It would be nice if there was a rifle/pistol range which was open daily to individuals.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Just got this from the Meade Rod and Gun so I figured I'd throw it out there.

As one of four civilian clubs that have access to the range, the Military, NSA, and local Police have priority. Rifle ranges 1 & 9 are difficult to get, but 2-8 are pistol ranges and we shoot more at these ranges. Unfortunately, the pistol ranges are frangible only (no lead), so ammo can be expensive. One note, these ranges used to be on base but 15 years ago, the Army donated around 8k acres to DOI, so all ranges are now part of the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge. The ranges are controlled by NSA. Once a member contacts us that they will attend the designated range day and time, we meet at the Piney Orchard gate, entering and leaving as a group. We also have a reciprocal agreement with the Meade Rifle and Pistol club, so we can share resources and range time. As an affiliate of the Associated Gun Club of Baltimore at Marriottsville, you can get a range badge for $150.00 in January (or $75 after July 1), but is not mandatory. This gives some of our club members an alternative to the limited range access that we offer. The Marriottsville range is open 363 days of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom