• ...and so much more!
  • csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Some of the board members, Pallozzi, and the Governor

:wave:

Give me my HPRB review time that I have been waiting for! :mad54:

The breach included information NOT public to include SSN's, fingerprints and history for last 10 years....no comparison to info on social media.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The breach included information NOT public to include SSN's, fingerprints and history for last 10 years....no comparison to info on social media.

I don't care about social media, or the breech

I want my freaking review, that has never happened :sad20:

Dec 31, 2012
    The breach is no different than someone using documented threats as G&S. More of the same. Great for you, does nothing for the common man. We need a Joe Schmo without a special job or business to actually make it to the hearing level.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    It does sound like things are getting a little better. I can't help but continue to feel very frustrated at the State of Maryland. Now if I can just get that opening in Alabama...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    eh, you're overreacting. I only saw two drug deals go down, one guy beating on a female, and 3 dirt bikes on 140 before I got to the beltway. :D

:sarcasm:

Hmm, The Dec 2nd morning wrap up is looking better all the time.. :D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

The breach is no different than someone using documented threats as G&S. More of the same. Great for you, does nothing for the common man. We need a Joe Schmo without a special job or business to actually make it to the hearing level.

It does sound like things are getting a little better. I can't help but continue to feel very frustrated at the State of Maryland. Now if I can just get that opening in Alabama...

OK, I'm just observing from afar and I don't have a dog in this fight YET, but I'd like to interject a couple of observations about the festivities so far.

CIA applicant vs. LinkedIn - If he's foolish enough to expose sensitive aspects of his career online, it's his problem entirely. I agonized over my profile for weeks. I used to berate my people endlessly (and sometimes not gently) about what they put on the Internet. He probably performed a massive OPSEC stupid in pursuit of contract work. It's done. He's an HOIS target. He should be approved. He placed himself in danger. From experience, his adversaries don't forget or forgive and their memories are long.

The Colonel - If he's not prohibited he should get a permit. He passed a more stringent security check than MSP could perform on their best day.

The MSP - They're lazy and vindictive. They typify and epitomize bad bureaucracy. Each member of the Licensing Division (including the Commander) should be made to reapply for their current job. They not only ignore the totality of the law, they attempt to make it. They no longer enforce the law, they think they ARE the law.

The HPRB - They are stuck with the most difficult job in the state. I suspect that they undergo zero training prior to discharging their duties. I hope I'm wrong. It would be a wise thing for one or more of the lawyers here to offer to provide 2A legal training free of charge (I'm sure the Frosh Cohort doesn't); likewise, it would be prudent for the HPRB members to accept it.

My feeling is that U.S. Citizenship, residence in Maryland and a clean record should be sufficient G&S. Sadly, this does not appear to be the case.

Continuing to observe and learn. Thanks to those who attended. Again. Still.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    A Aron, is that you?

As DC-W stated, the process and meetings you see today are a night/day difference from just 6 months ago, let alone 12-24 months ago.

Now we have regular bi-weekly meetings. There are audio recordings, although I only have evidence of one set, there are minutes being kept, no matter how amateurish they are, and the MSP is actually being required to back up their over reaching and lack of duty to the public. With the new board and now new chairman in place, the board and meetings will continue in a positive and constructive direction, but now the MSP needs to answer for their shameful failure to fulfill their obligations and follow procedure and LAW!

There are members of the MSP who have blatantly ignored laws, created "laws" and ignorantly disrespected the rights of some permit applicants. This is what we know, how much more has been going on that we don't know yet or can't find out? I have no empathy for someone who has a job and purposefully fails to do it to the detriment of others.

Not only did we hear publicly that MSP was refusing to process applications, but they were keeping the application fees. Isn't this a crime? What were they using the funds for if they were not processing applications? Anyone involved should be disciplined at minimum and no longer in the licensing division

Anyone who was told their application would not be processed needs to file an internal affairs complaint, NOW!

Internal Affairs Complaint Form

Wow ain't that phenominal. You know I remember during the election that if we only elected xxxxx the MSP answer to him and he can direct them on G&S. Now it seems he can't even get a grip on the runnings in one of his own departments. We should start a petition or something, that'll show them.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Correct, licensing division of the MSP.

Hogan signs papers directing the new Commander of the division to accept "self defense" as G&S unless otherwise prohibited and we're talking a whole different ballgame.

What a useless waste of taxpayer money this whole shit show is.

You missed a page or two somewhere ... the Governor is not the one named in COMAR or the deriviative legislation as the one who defines G&S. Definition of G&S in MD is solely determined by the Secretary of State Police. Its part of the shit show.

Pallozzi is however an at will employee of the governor and can be fired for wearing his hat crooked or eating the last donut at a meeting with Hogan.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    You missed a page or two somewhere ... the Governor is not the one named in COMAR or the deriviative legislation as the one who defines G&S. Definition of G&S in MD is solely determined by the Secretary of State Police. Its part of the shit show.
    I don't think he missed it at all. The Super works at the discretion of the Governor. Hogan is his boss. If the boss gives him a nudge, he would be wise to make his boss happy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Uh,.... yeah, that was my assumption. So, if he takes orders (all but directly) from Hogan,.... what page did I miss?

Must we still swing from Hogan's nuts? Isn't his inaction on these administrative details annoying to anyone else but me?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Annoying, you bet. I've come to the conclusion the the "nudge" will come one "day one" of Hogan's second term as he will have nothing to loose one way or another at that point. Until then the HGPRB is the only game in town for the unwashed. At the current rate of 4 overturned denials by the board at each h meeting, only about 300 lucky lottery winners will beat the MSP's ******** between now and then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It won't be "an order" from Hogan, it will be a whisper in Pallozzi"s ear ... like Bobby Kennedy calling Murrow and letting him know this would be the day McCarthy shot his own foot off.

Hogan is adjusting a mighty machine that has been used against us for decades. Doing it thoroughly, precisely, slowly and subtly so that the Democrats and their sheep don't take notice suits me fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom