• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Question...under the "Personal Protection" on the app..do I have to have been threatened, etc, to apply for one, or can it be because I feel unsafe to go for walks where I live, etc..as I might apply for one?..Thanks..

See this thread http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=87576

You just want to leave it blank UNLESS you do have GSR then put that down(documented threat, work etc.)

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    I think I read here they also ask if thery know of any reason you should not be allowed to carry a gun.

Didn't I just read in one of these HUGE threads that the local newspapers could not post permittee names as this would violate confidentiality laws? or was that somewhere else....?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Didn't I just read in one of these HUGE threads that the local newspapers could not post permittee names as this would violate confidentiality laws? or was that somewhere else....?

Not here. They do it in DE, and I think it was in NC where a newspaper published the names of permit holders.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    My understanding is that either a 1 1/2" or 2" picture can be used for the MD CCW application. Is this correct?

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Fingerprinting question

A question about fingerprints. I've been printed more than once for jobs as well as a HAZMAT endorsement on my license. No problem. Unfortunately, since the last time I was printed, I have developed psoriasis. Even more unfortunate, some of the patches have spread to fingertips. Currently, one thumb is basically unviewable, and a few other fingers would not give a good print on the sides. Does anybody know what this means when it comes to being printed for a permit? I remember years ago when my ex was printed for a teaching job, they had some instructions for people who had flattened the ridges due to keyboard use, but I don't think that would apply in my situation.

(And yes, psoriasis sucks for shooting, especially when the patches on my palms are badly inflamed. Grabbing a checked grip is like picking up a handful of razor blades. Worst is when the grip is too small and the nail on my middle finger digs into my palm. Best thing about a Smith I rented the other week was the Hogue grips. I'm reluctant to shoot with gloves, as they won't be on in a HD situation.)

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    A question about fingerprints. I've been printed more than once for jobs as well as a HAZMAT endorsement on my license. No problem. Unfortunately, since the last time I was printed, I have developed psoriasis. Even more unfortunate, some of the patches have spread to fingertips. Currently, one thumb is basically unviewable, and a few other fingers would not give a good print on the sides. Does anybody know what this means when it comes to being printed for a permit? I remember years ago when my ex was printed for a teaching job, they had some instructions for people who had flattened the ridges due to keyboard use, but I don't think that would apply in my situation.

(And yes, psoriasis sucks for shooting, especially when the patches on my palms are badly inflamed. Grabbing a checked grip is like picking up a handful of razor blades. Worst is when the grip is too small and the nail on my middle finger digs into my palm. Best thing about a Smith I rented the other week was the Hogue grips. I'm reluctant to shoot with gloves, as they won't be on in a HD situation.)

You will probably have to go give it a try. I would also try calling MSP licensing and ask.

I swear new app says 2". rev. Dated 3/12

You are correct. new app states 2" X 2"

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    On the app they ask for details to #12 on page 7, and request "official" court disposition. The app has official in bold. That may be a problem for charges that are > 20 or 30 years old.

(12) Have you ever been ARRESTED for a violation of any criminal law? YES NO

CONTINUATION SHEET​
    For each answer continued from application, include page number, question number and detailed explanation which includes all information requested. For #12 on page 7, include the date, circumstances, charge and attach official court disposition.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Back in March when I went to the Live-scan location they told me the requirement had changed to the 2" photo's but the app's were not updated to request the larger size photo. Go with the 2" photo or you will be doing it over again.

it was updated just before the stay was put in place..

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Does anyone have the updated form in word format? The one on page 35 seems to be the old one.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    The new CCW reference form has space for four references. Is it true that three references are acceptable to MSP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom