• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    He could run as the vice president on the Democratic ballot and it would be constitutional.

I'm just saying...
    Jim Smith

Not quite sure about that, the Vice President's duty to take over the office of the President in the case of the death of said president would probably disqualify him from taking the office of VP.

I'm just thinking.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not quite sure about that, the Vice President's duty to take over the office of the President in the case of the death of said president would probably disqualify him from taking the office of VP.

I'm just thinking.

The 22nd amendment states that no person shall be elected to the office of the president more than twice.

A two term president may be elected vice president, and may serve as president if the elected president is unable to continue their duties. However, he can't be elected as president.

Jim Smith

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    The 22nd amendment states that no person shall be elected to the office of the president more than twice.

A two term president may be elected vice president, and may serve as president if the elected president is unable to continue their duties. However, he can't be elected as president.

Jim Smith

Still limited to 10 years to the day in total.

Code:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Still limited to 10 years to the day in total.

Code:

I don't understand where you are getting this 10 year term limit. Unless you are talking about the fact that someone (presumably the vice president) can not serve more than his 2 terms of 4 years and the additional term of up to 2 years of the exiting president. Which would make a total of 10 years. However this has nothing to do with becoming vice president.

There is just one sticky point about a sitting president taking the office of vice president, and that would be the 12th amendment. Since no past president has ever been elected as vice president, this feature of the 12th has never been tried. Many believe that the 12th directs the qualifications and not the actual term, there is argument for both sides.

Jim Smith

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Shrillary runs with Obama as VP.

They win.

Shrillary resigns immediately.

Obama becomes president.

Bader resigns immediately.

Obama nominates Shrillary for SCOTUS.

America gets phucked immediately.

No tinfoil was harmed during the making of this message.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If anyone has a bigger ego than Obama, its Hillary. Although your scenario is plausible, it is highly unlikely.

Jim Smith

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    All very interesting ,and no foil. And all plausible. We still have enough years for Hussein to completely tear this country apart for the next POS to remold it to the Democrat Communist utopia.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    While I enjoy terrifying tinfoil scenarios as much as anyone, the reality of the next couple years will be much tamer.

Obama is done as an electable politician; even his base is shying away. Only the most rabid, gullible and ignorant will pay him any heed. That's not to say that they, and he, are toothless; he will not be elected to office again, except in DC's Ward 8.

His policies have been seen for what they are; that's why we will be getting a Republican Senate in January. That is not to say that the nation has gone Republican; Congrssional approval ratings are still in the toilet, and will remain there until they get their act together and clean up the stink. Assuming that they are capable of doing so might be a stretch.

He's the lamest of ducks, and will be hindered from doing serious damage. If he is interested in history, he'll try to undo as much damage as he can to polish the turd of his administration. If on the other hand he's as bad as folks here think he is, he'll keep on jacking the nation around. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

The good part is, if he's as bad as we think, his actions will skewer any chance of a Democratic presidency in 2016. The bad part of that is, of course, the next two years will be hideous.

If the Republicans can avoid a circular firing squad in the runup to 2016, they have a good chance at election. If they continue nominating unelectables, we can kiss the country we once knew goodbye, unless the Dems come up with a moderate candidate. Who knows, there might be decent presidential material out there. Hillary and Warren are not in that category.

So, it will be an interesting couple years. Disgusting as it is, this is the last chance to get involved in politics before we go down the tubes. It's still possible to pull this off, but it won't be easy. Even so, it's not as bad as the most pessimistic of us believe.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Electing a "Republican" isn't going to necessarily change anything

You elect a Jeb Bush big gov progressive or a Romney and they wont lift a hand to undo the institutional damage/corruption/destruction that Oblahblah has put into place within the fed gov and judiciary.

The only way anything is actually going to improve is going to be to ensure someone like Cruz/Paul are elected.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    I don't understand where you are getting this 10 year term limit. Unless you are talking about the fact that someone (presumably the vice president) can not serve more than his 2 terms of 4 years and the additional term of up to 2 years of the exiting president. Which would make a total of 10 years. However this has nothing to do with becoming vice president.

There is just one sticky point about a sitting president taking the office of vice president, and that would be the 12th amendment. Since no past president has ever been elected as vice president, this feature of the 12th has never been tried. Many believe that the 12th directs the qualifications and not the actual term, there is argument for both sides.

Jim Smith

The 10 years does indeed come from the 22nd. Two four year terms plus 2 years of someone else's term. That's the max theoretical any individual can serve under any circumstances. You bring up an interesting point in the 12th Amendment and the wording is rather clunky. For those unfamiliar with it, no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States. Question is, does the bolded piece mean "ineligible for election to the office" or "ineligible to serve as".

In any event, we won't answer that question with Obama. I think he, like President Bush before him, will quickly retreat into a much quieter life. We often think about being President as being all sunshine and roses at the top of the free world. Yet if one looks at how much modern presidents age during two terms in that office, it becomes clearer just how much of a drain it is. I don't know if it's the constant 20/7/365 schedule or the fact that 12 hours of each of those days is filled with hearing scary/terrible information and making massively impactful decisions, but I'm pretty sure it ain't a joyride.

Code:

Feb 28, 2013
    In any event, we won't answer that question with Obama. I think he, like President Bush before him, will quickly retreat into a much quieter life. We often think about being President as being all sunshine and roses at the top of the free world. Yet if one looks at how much modern presidents age during two terms in that office, it becomes clearer just how much of a drain it is. I don't know if it's the constant 20/7/365 schedule or the fact that 12 hours of each of those days is filled with hearing scary/terrible information and making massively impactful decisions, but I'm pretty sure it ain't a joyride.

Nah, There's too much money in being a community agitator for the Muslim-in-Chief to just rest on his laurels.

Besides, someone will wind up having to replace Al Not-so-Sharpton.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Just curious............. where will the bastard live? He's made a LOT of enemies and it doesn't seem like the SS really GAF about protecting him. Me either for that matter. :party29: He's rich, handle it.

peopels-cuba.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just curious............. where will the bastard live? He's made a LOT of enemies and it doesn't seem like the SS really GAF about protecting him. Me either for that matter. :party29: He's rich, handle it.

peopels-cuba.jpg

I seem to recall a post some while back about a place in Hawaii that was being fixed up for him. The post was during his first term, when it started to look like he wouldn't get a second.

Halfway across the Pacific ought to be far enough to protect him from a couple hundred million annoyed former subjects.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

peopels-cuba.jpg

Hopefully he will go back home. Wherever that is. I heard somewhere that he will stay in the D.C. area. I don't know if there is any truth to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom