• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    This is the second such statement I've seen this week from a dealer on Gun Broker.... hope this is the start of a trend in the right direction for those of us in "problem" states.

Kudos to this dealer and those like him. :thumbsup:

"California Residents: Our longstanding policy barring shipment to California has changed. We realize that CA gun owners are in a tough position — essentially behind enemy lines — and we are going to do our best to keep supplies shipping in. We realize that by our refusing to ship to CA, the gun-grabbers are getting exactly what they want. So we are going to join with the CA gun owners in giving a big middle finger to the bad laws and to the politicians that make them by keeping the guns flowing as fast as we can. In order to properly process your transactions we will need a valid FFL number as well as a 5-digit CFLC (California Firearms Licensee Check) number. You can call one of your local gun dealers if you have any questions about FFL or CFLC numbers. Please have this information available at the time of purchase in order to expedite the process. If you live in CA and you want to purchase an item, email us before you do so that we can best serve your needs! "

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That's great. Now if dealers will give the same consideration to FFL 03 licensees here in Maryland.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've spotted the same trend on Gun Broker and Gun Auction. The smart sellers have taken reasonable steps so as to not exclude a huge portion of buyers.

What's entertaining are the CA FFLs with auctions that say "No sales to CA residents". :crazy:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I buy and sell a lot on gunbroker, and unfortunately, I haven't seen this trend at all. In fact, on many occasions I have run into sellers that flat out refuse to ship ANY gun to Maryland, whether it is legal or not. Had the same issue on a trade I was trying to do with a gentleman in Washington state - he couldn't find an FFL who was willing to ship a handgun to MD, and when he finally did find one, they FFL was going to charge him double. The deal fell through, of course.

That said, I certainly hope that the trend changes for the better.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's basic live or die for businesses. Either adapt or go defunct. Smart business owners adapt. The smartest adapt and prosper. The stupid ones belligerently hold onto the status quo, make lame excuses about principles, and go down in flames.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I saw something I wanted on gunbroker last week and would have hit the buy now if it had not been for the dealer stating that they would not ship to Maryland. It was a Remington model 700 bolt action hunting rifle!:sad20::sad20::mad54:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I saw something I wanted on gunbroker last week and would have hit the buy now if it had not been for the dealer stating that they would not ship to Maryland. It was a Remington model 700 bolt action hunting rifle!:sad20::sad20::mad54:

Same here. Just today, an FFL in TN refused to sell a S&W .357 revolver to anyone in MD. I just don't get it. I respect their decision. But I hate them for it. :mad54::mad54::mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom