• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    FOR COMPONENTS OF APPLICATION, SEE THE "HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit sticky (http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878) AS WELL as the MSP website. (https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision/MainLicensingPage/LicensingandRegistration/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx)
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

This is NOT in any way a statement of "LET'S APPLY NOW, QUICK, GO, GO, GO!" This is meant as a means for us to get more information in general as well as regarding the political environment, to be able to come together and agree to various aspects of the process, and then submit together as a unified group, and the larger the better. Of course I hope that this is *sooner* rather than later, but that is all within the eye of the beholder.

GROUP in-person submission date: Late October/Early November *TBD
    GROUP mail date: Late October/Early November *TBD
    Language of using self-defense as G&S (will be modified according to all input from this thread):

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE AT THE MOMENT, ORIGINALLY CREATED BY BBGUNN177. IT IS NOT INTENDED AS AN ADVISEMENT FOR A FINAL SUBMISSION FOR G&S REASONING

"There is no duty for the Maryland State Police, any of the 24 Sheriff Departments in the State, or the numerous County and Municipal Police Departments to protect it citizens, we the taxpayers. This has been established by the following court cases:

Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005).

Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1, (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981).

DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services (109 S.Ct. 998, 1989; 489 U.S. 189 (1989)).

Erie Railroad Co. v. Tompkins (304 U.S. 64, 82 L.Ed. 1188 (1938)).

It is therefore incumbent that the MSP issue permits that grant the ability to Carry Concealed Weapons (CCW) to applying, law-abiding citizens of Maryland, as the MSP is charged by state law to administer the licensing of Concealed Carry Permits. These permits allow for a law-abiding citizen of Maryland to ensure personal protection - using all lawful purposes - against all potential threats. Again, this addresses that every police organization in the state of Maryland has no duty to protect the individual citizen; the individual citizen needs to be able to protect themselves.

INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO THE INDIVIDUAL APPLICANT REGARDING THEIR OWN PERSONAL VIEW OF WHY A CCW PERMIT IS A "REASONABLE PRECAUTION AGAINST DANGER" WOULD GO HERE. REMEMBER THAT A TEMPLATE IS WONDERFUL FOR EXPRESSING UNIFORMITY, BUT EACH APPLICATION SHOULD EXPRESS YOUR OWN PERSON REASONS WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS PERMIT. CITE PERSONAL HISTORY, ADDITIONAL CASES, WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE MAY HELP.

Based on the above please find my completed application for a Maryland Concealed Carry Permit."

Members explicitly expressing interest within this thread (training accomplished or waived):
    (This is only for making sure I'm accounting for everyone who does NOT need training. Please PM if you do, and I'll move you onto the list of members who need training. If you would like your name removed from this, please PM me and I'll do so immediately.)

Gryphon
    Vgplayer
    Medshot
    Frogman68
    MEAT
    Afrikeber
    Ellegon
    Brownspotz
    Noidea01
    Tomgreco
    Raginrog
    Beretta_maven
    Txaggie
    Navycraig
    Pwoolford
    Mxrider
    Camobob
    Kevmo
    Embermage
    Rick3Bears
    TopTechAgent
    DCSCO
    PlatoonDaddy
    Kevmo
    Rick3Bears
    Rambling_one
    MoToMD
    David2260
    Cougar7890
    From MSP web site:

Who needs to take the training?

Every original application and renewal application submitted after October 1, 2013, unless exempt. If you are any one of the below you are exempted.
    1. You are an active law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
    2. You are a retired law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
    3. You are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard.
    4. You are a Qualified Handgun Instructor registered with the Maryland State Police.
    5. You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor. (The on-line firearm safety course is no longer accepted).

Future Training Classes (will add more options if they are mentioned in this thread):
    May 23rd-24th (Bigt5g)
    POSSIBLY the month of September http://www.ddctraining.net/ (Bigt5g)
    Every Month: https://teamhousetraining.com/ (mtnwisdom)

Members in need of training to satisfy requirements:
    Snallygaster
    Ironpony
    Reloader
    Mrniceguy
    Hogarth
    Bbgunn177
    Cbrxx
    Overboost44
    Magnumst
    Atlasarmory
    ProtegeV
    aray
    Hawkeye
    Slowhand
    DevilDog

Original Post:
    I know myself and at least 3 others have said they intend to be guinea pigs for the use of self-defense as our G&S, so I figured why not create a thread and try and get many people to submit at the same time, for the same reason? If nothing else, to get a running tally of how many submissions are going to be thrown at the MSP. (Obviously if you prefer to remain anonymous, this wouldn't apply.)

My class that satisfies the 16hr-requirement is next Saturday, the 18th. After that, I'll be keeping an eye out for the response to ericahls's letter in their thread, but otherwise, I'm ready to take the plunge right after.

Now I'm very aware that there may be zero chance of success until AFTER the GA is done with their special session. That said, I'm willing to give it two shots if the first doesn't succeed...and if both don't...well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I'm in , training exempt :) need more training exempt to keep the cost down

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    In before the " your wasting your time and money" crowd!

Even if we are denied, it will at least let us know where they stand at the moment...now watch, one of us will be approved while everyone else is denied.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm most definitely in, but I am traveling next weekend. I am not training exempt, so will need to find someone that is offering a class soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep an eye out for some, in addition to what BigT5g just posted. We can certainly do multiple rounds. I forgot that Sine Die is THIS week so my whole "GA still in session" shpeal doesn't really apply unless there's an extension.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'll apply when the process is reduced to:

Type name and SSN into computer.

Outcome #1- Permit is issued.

or

Outcome #2- Permit is not issued.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'll apply when the process is reduced to:

Type name and SSN into computer.

Outcome #1- Permit is issued.

or

Outcome #2- Permit is not issued.

I hear ya..

The references kill it for me, unless there are some volunteers :innocent0
    It is a waste of money, but not life changing :D

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    "Too much is better than too little."

did anyone else see that on MSP website under the "who should apply" section pertaining to documentation? is this telling the prisoners I mean citizens of MD that its decided upon who gets their CCW permit based upon how much documentation they have? wow, stay classy MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom