• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The first thing I did after MSP cashed it was to go online and make a jpeg copy for my records. No way they can deny cashing it.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Wondering,should I write a personal check or get a 75.00 money order?

I would do a personal check. But I would also wait until the 7th. You waited this long so a few more days will not make a difference. The 7th is the day they will start mailing/processing the CCW assuming the state does not get another stay by then. I do not think they will get a new stay, but who knows. Like esq said the court can grant the stay anytime. Tomorrow, next week, or next month.

But if you see there hasn't been a new stay in place by the 7th I would send it in them if not hand carry it. If you send your check in tomorrow and the state get a stay before the 7th you will just loose your money.

h3rrmiller

Jul 30, 2012
    I am active duty Navy and was wondering what (if any) documentation needs to be provided for a firearms safety/familiarization class. I have my Expert Pistol Medal. would a copy of that fill the requirement or do I need to dig into my Personal Record and find the actual document from bootcamp?

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I am active duty Navy and was wondering what (if any) documentation needs to be provided for a firearms safety/familiarization class. I have my Expert Pistol Medal. would a copy of that fill the requirement or do I need to dig into my Personal Record and find the actual document from bootcamp?

First WELCOME!!!!

Currently there are no requirements for training to get a permit.

Only thing it ask for Military is DD-214/ Discharge papers. I would guess thats only if you are not active.

h3rrmiller

Jul 30, 2012
    Thank you!

That's what I figured but attached a copy of my current orders and a copy of my LES just in case.

I have all my paperwork done and notarized and was planning on getting fingerprinted a day or two before the 7th that way I can submit the forms the day the stay is lifted.

I understand the stay is over on the 7th; does that mean I can apply on the 7th or should I wait till the 8th? Assuming of course MD doesn't get another stay.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    You can apply right now if you want(per MSP). They just wont touch it till the stay is lifted. With the current request for a stay I wold at least wait till the 7th. be ready to loose all the money if a stay is put into place. if you are worried about loosing the money I would wait till the stay is decided on.

Macsti

Jul 8, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    I just made an appointment on the 14th for my LiveScan at Bel Air MVA. They are charging $54.50 for the fingerprinting. Is that correct?

h3rrmiller

Jul 30, 2012
    what is your opinion on getting finger printed at a MSP location? is it cheaper? same price? or will it be so packed as its walk-in that ill never get it done?

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    I just made an appointment on the 14th for my LiveScan at Bel Air MVA. They are charging $54.50 for the fingerprinting. Is that correct?

I payed $57.25 at Frederick MVA

same price i got quoted at a security office next door to my work.

Kinda of funny....as a non-resident sending in print cards, it should only cost me a $34.50 (+75 app fee) check to MSP. :D

h3rrmiller

Jul 30, 2012
    These are listed as "Government operated facilities" on that list

Charles County Sheriff’s Office 11110 Mall Circle
    Waldorf, MD 20603 240.299.0546

Frederick County Sheriff’s Office 110 Airport Drive – East
    Frederick, MD 21701 301.600.4058

Laurel Police Department 811 Fifth St.
    Laurel, MD 20707 301.498.0092

UMBC Police Department 1000 Hilltop Circle
    Baltimore, MD 21250 410.455.1685

University of Maryland, College Park Department of Public Safety Service Building
    Rossborough Lane
    College Park, MD 20742 301.405.5758

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Yea but none are MSP. From the last run of apps and people talking about cost they were all within a few dollars of each other. Some offered notary service also.

h3rrmiller

Jul 30, 2012
    Gotcha. Theres a few notaries in the agency I work for. Is anyone waiting until the 7th to submit paperwork? Or is pretty much everyone already submitted and waiting until the 7th for word?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Gotcha. Theres a few notaries in the agency I work for. Is anyone waiting until the 7th to submit paperwork? Or is pretty much everyone already submitted and waiting until the 7th for word?

im waiting on mine.. apps is filled.. photo i can do myself.. livescan is just next door to my work..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom