• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    I was in Cabela's at Christiana for the first time today. They had Ruger 50 round mags for a 10-22 and 17 round (like my original) magazines for a S & W MP9. I realize I cannot use these in Maryland, but I do most of my target shooting in PA.

Can I buy these or will they ask me for ID and deny me because I am from Maryland?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Incorrect.

You CAN possess and use these. Perfectly legal for you to purchase them in DE and bring back home.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    You can own and use any size mag in MD that you own. You just cant buy or sell them here. You can buy and bring back.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was in Cabela's at Christiana for the first time today. They had Ruger 50 round mags for a 10-22 and 17 round (like my original) magazines for a S & W MP9. I realize I cannot use these in Maryland, but I do most of my target shooting in PA.

Can I buy these or will they ask me for ID and deny me because I am from Maryland?

You most certainly may use them in MD.

And they have no reason to ask for ID for magazines.

The BGOS is strong... Fight it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I and several people I know have bought mags at Delaware cabelas. Never been carded. Even if they did, they have no basis to refuse sale to someone.

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    You can own and use any size mag in MD that you own. You just cant buy or sell them here. You can buy and bring back.

:thumbsup:

I take RT 1 over Conowingo Dam (40 min for me) to get there. It would cost $12 in tolls to go up I95. I buy all my high cap magazines there. If it's not in stock, arrange to pick them up at the store since they can't ship to Maryland.

You can buy all you want and use them in MD. :)

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I and several people I know have bought mags at Delaware cabelas. Never been carded. Even if they did, they have no basis to refuse sale to someone.

Never had any problems buying mags at Cabela's in DE. Watch for sales and use the in-store pickup. No sales tax.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Also, if you're in Christiana, you may want to stop off at X-Ring Supply, which is only about 5 miles away, between Christiana and Newark on DE 273.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

A member since 2009, 4442 posts, your not a 13er and you went though the 2013 gun law changes.
    Maybe I am getting a little pissey in my old age but, :banghead::facepalm::facepalm::deadhorse:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Also, if you're in Christiana, you may want to stop off at X-Ring Supply, which is only about 5 miles away, between Christiana and Newark on DE 273.

Also, specifically avoid Millers in New Castle. They generally suck. ;)

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    A member since 2009, 4442 posts, your not a 13er and you went though the 2013 gun law changes.
    Maybe I am getting a little pissey in my old age but, :banghead::facepalm::facepalm::deadhorse:

I thought the same thing.
    I'm amazed when I hear these questions. It just goes to show that Maryland has done their job making gun owners think their always doing something wrong.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009

I guess I deserve that. But I didn't pay much attention because I never intended to purchase any more firearms.

BTW, what IS a 13er?

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I contemplating a trip up to Christiana for things. How is X-Ring? I've never been.

I think it's a nice little shop, and is certainly worth visiting if you're only gonna be a few miles away.

They've got a wall of mags and a good selection of firearms, as well as a decent range of accessories and ammo. They also have reloading supplies.

X-Ring's also shown me good customer service, when I accidentally purchased the wrong item. (even though it was totally my fault) I had been in a hurry, and inadvertently grabbed some similar accessories from the next slot over on the shelf. I didn't notice that that they were the wrong thing until I got home, and I didn't get back up there for another week, but the staff was very understanding, and swapped them out for me no problem.

If you stop by on your way back to MD, you don't need to pay a toll to get home. Just stay on 273 until it becomes Main Street in Newark, at the end of Main St bear left onto 896 South, and then take that to Elkton, where you can hop on 95.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Slightly OT...this was my first time at Cabela's at Christiana. Since Christiana and Arundel Mills are equal distance from my house, I would prefer to go north instead of Miami...oops, I mean Hanover. How does the Christiana store compare to Reading? The fly fishing department at Bass Pro was much more extensive than Christiana Cabelas, and that was my real reason for checking it out. Well, that and the Costco has liquor. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom