• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    As usual, people will sit around and say "it does no good" or "why bother" rather than trying to do something. :sad20:

Wonder why I bother, to be honest.

You are needed, way more than people convey. I often am working when these events take place and I cant thank you enough for taking so much personal time, effort, and money to do what you do.

I appreciate everything you do, here, with MSI, and at the shooting events.

Thank you Paul.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    don't take things so literately. Just because someone doesn't think the action is going to have the desired results doesn't necessarily mean they aren't willing to try the action or give the action any less effort.

Just like writing a letter to Frosh to support the 2A. Do I think it will have any effect on his votes, hell no, but I still do write him and ask for his support and put full effort into my letters.

Now, the people who just sit there criticizing everyone else and putting all the idea's down are the ones who aren't helping the cause.

I try not to. It's just I wonder how many people who see the "it won't do anything" actually don't do anything.

I know we aren't all perfect, and I don't expect everyone to do everything, I just wish more people where more involved.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I try not to. It's just I wonder how many people who see the "it won't do anything" actually don't do anything.

I know we aren't all perfect, and I don't expect everyone to do everything, I just wish more people where more involved.

I'll be the first to admit, when I first got into this 'hobby' after moving back to MD, yes I didn't hold much hope for change, our elected officials being one reason why.

That said I have been a bit more vocal even though I don't comment about it here, when they passed Castle Doctrine, I sent my round of thank you e-mails out.

I am trying to become more active, but as someone rather new to being involved, it does get a bit frustrating at times when you see the hypocrisy your trying to fight.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'll be the first to admit, when I first got into this 'hobby' after moving back to MD, yes I didn't hold much hope for change, our elected officials being one reason why.

That said I have been a bit more vocal even though I don't comment about it here, when they passed Castle Doctrine, I sent my round of thank you e-mails out.

I am trying to become more active, but as someone rather new to being involved, it does get a bit frustrating at times when you see the hypocrisy your trying to fight.

Don't forget about being a force multiplier.

Let all your MD gun buddies who are not members of the forum know what's going on, and get them sending in letters and emails also.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Wait until you've been doing it for a while. Then the hypocrisy in Annapolis pales to that of the majority of your fellow firearm owners who do, quite literally, nothing to help our mutual cause.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Don't forget about being a force multiplier.

Let all your MD gun buddies who are not members of the forum know what's going on, and get them sending in letters and emails also.

Aside from CrazyAl, everyone else I'd consider a buddy is on this forum... :o

(Aside from work I don't really go out much, except to the range.)

Boondock Saint - Born and raised in MD, had a few years of 'freedom' in Va, the level of hypocrisy in MD and fed gov absolutely sickens me. :puke2:

I'll agree there, I notice most owner's/hobbyist's just bitch and moan, I did too for a while, I've just in the past 24 months tried my hand at actually being active aside from just being an NRA member.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wait until you've been doing it for a while. Then the hypocrisy in Annapolis pales to that of the majority of your fellow firearm owners who do, quite literally, nothing to help our mutual cause.

Let's not forget the ones who are pro-gun but all or nothing.

Or the politicians who say they are pro-2A but are more concerned with being the 1st one to the plate than a focused, directed strategy.

But we keep going

Forager

Imported curmudgeon
    Feb 12, 2012
    In the Lion's den
    So, would it be appropriate, then, to have anyone who wants a permit to use Conaway's permit application as a template, and then if denied and not overturned by the Board, to sue for discrimination?

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    The HPRB overruled the MSP based on the applicant's "feeling" that he was in danger. He presented no documented threats or attacks, yet the board awarded him the permit.

Can you tell us the reason he put down for needing a permit?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'll see your Animal House and raise you this.....

Speak it and they will come ...

"I AM <state your name>. And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!"

Take heart in the number of new members here on MDS. If we can get just 20% of them to join MSI, and half of that to be active, particpating members, we would be able to do much more. This has been a tough run-up to this Tueday for you. Hang in there, like William Wallace, you're an inspiration for us all ... well, except for that dying part :innocent0 ... oh, what the hell ... FREEDOM !!! ... MSI gu bra !!!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So, would it be appropriate, then, to have anyone who wants a permit to use Conaway's permit application as a template, and then if denied and not overturned by the Board, to sue for discrimination?

That is one of many possibilities.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Thank you Norton for updating us on this. I remembered you stating that you had his application info and were willing to produce it. When you didn't, I was tempted to ask about it, but figured you were saving it for a more appropriate venue. Thanks for proving me right.

As usual, people will sit around and say "it does no good" or "why bother" rather than trying to do something. :sad20:

Wonder why I bother, to be honest.

You bother because it's the right thing to do, the same reason why many of us bother to whatever degree that we can. People do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. I wish I could be there tomorrow to see you deliver that just to see the expressions on the faces in the room.

And I know you probably can't answer this publicly, but have you shared this little nugget of information with, say, SAF in regards to Wollard v Sheridan?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is what few Maryland citizens ever get to see....an approved handgun permit application.

Attachments

• DSC02797.jpg
      DSC02797.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 123

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    This is what few Maryland citizens ever get to see....an approved handgun permit application.

Wow...looks like a novel....and a Unicorn :D

In all seriousness, this is ridiculous and although I wish I could be there in person, I hope you guys shove this thing down their throats and make them feel like the hypocritical morons they are:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom