Federal LE Opportunity - CBP Officer (@ Airports and Other Ports of Entry)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Don't forget needing the ability to get pretty fluent in a crash course of spanish during training. If not, no job.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Yeh, but LEO work is way more fun then teaching bad kids. I would gladly take 39k vs 45k of LEO work. I've done both in my life. Had I known when I was 21 years old law enforcement was this fun, I would have started the career 10 years earlier. I would rather hunt for MS13 in swamp for 39k, then grade homework. Somebody has to do it.

I know two people who went with CBP, one of them is still with the agency. One was a social worker, the other one a nurse. The RN went back into nursing after a couple of years, the social worker now has 18 years or so with the agency and is a field supervisor.

It is federal work, you may have to move around a bit to take advantage of opportunities for progress within the agency. I dont think comparing it to police work with a local county department makes a lot of sense. With a local PD, you can bank on being in one place for 20 years. With the feds, you may spend a couple of years in Grand Forks and the next 3 in Miami to be followed by a stint at Legoland on the Potomac.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You can make a decent amount if you stay with the agency for years. My friend is close to 100k a year after about 7 years. Tons of overtime. The problem is that you can't lateral to another Law Enforcement Agency.

Depends what part of the country

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I know two people who went with CBP, one of them is still with the agency. One was a social worker, the other one a nurse. The RN went back into nursing after a couple of years, the social worker now has 18 years or so with the agency and is a field supervisor.

It is federal work, you may have to move around a bit to take advantage of opportunities for progress within the agency. I dont think comparing it to police work with a local county department makes a lot of sense. With a local PD, you can bank on being in one place for 20 years. With the feds, you may spend a couple of years in Grand Forks and the next 3 in Miami to be followed by a stint at Legoland on the Potomac.

True. LOL Legoland on Potomac LOL

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Pretty sure most states do not recognize federal training for a substitute for state qualifications. Mainly because they aren't a "full service" job.

Would have helped if I had read the entire link. My bad haha

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom