• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I went to Freestate today and brought my Yugo AK underfolder. I also brought several boxes of steel core ammo which is not allowable at this particular range. I typically shoot Tula or Wolf through this rifle and haven't had many (perhaps one) FTF or FTF in around 2500 rounds through this rifle. Today I had 3 from one box of PMC Bronze. Has anyone else had similar results?

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Same with my vz2008 at freestate using pmc. Almost as if the brass was catching and digging into the feed Lips. I had just shot ppu with no problem

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    My Yugo looked like it was seriously crimping the mouths of spent she'll casings too. That is, when it did eject. I thought the problem may have been my daughter not holding the rifle properly. I shot the rifle too and experienced the same FTE/FTF. Maybe it's the brass shell casings? I've only ever shot steel case, berdan primed ammunition through it.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I shoot Winchester brass through my SGL-21 if I'm shooting for accuracy and I've never had a problem with it. I've never shot PMC though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    I have shot around 500-700 rounds of the PMC from freestate in my Arsenal SAM7R and have not had any issues. Have not shot any of the steel cased Red Army Standard I have stocked up on recently.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Brad, let me know how the steel case ammo performs in your rifle. I think the next range trip I'll take will be to evaluate my rifle with the Tula I've been stocking up on t ok see of anything has changed about this rifle-ammo combination.

Soul Rebel

Mar 8, 2013
    i've had very poor luck with remoil in my AKs. white lithium grease has been awesome (and cheap) when shooting brass cased 7.62 (mainly corrosive yugo surplus)

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I have shot around 500-700 rounds of the PMC from freestate in my Arsenal SAM7R and have not had any issues. Have not shot any of the steel cased Red Army Standard I have stocked up on recently.

Which Red Army are you stocking up on? The version with the sealed bullets and primers is some of the best stuff you can get for the money. It's great stuff to stock away due to being sealed.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    The other good stuff to put up for a rainy day is Golden Tiger. It is harder to find at a decent price, but grab it when you can find it. It has that same red sealant on it like the 5.45 7N6 - so if you store it someplace cool and dry it should easily outlast you. I've been extremely pleased by how well it performs. Not a single FTF or FTE, ever.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    Which Red Army are you stocking up on? The version with the sealed bullets and primers is some of the best stuff you can get for the money. It's great stuff to stock away due to being sealed.

I don't believe the stuff that was shipped to me is the sealed version. (i think you can tell by the green vs not green primer?) I don't plan on having it for very long so I will try to make sure the next batch I order is sealed.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I don't believe the stuff that was shipped to me is the sealed version. (i think you can tell by the green vs not green primer?) I don't plan on having it for very long so I will try to make sure the next batch I order is sealed.

Yea. You will also see the sealent around the bullet right where it meets the shell.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom