• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Furthermore, this address is a regular street (physical location) address, correct?

Why would they only be "picking up" the mail once a day? I'm a little confused how there is no one there to accept mail at a place that is literally open 24/7, 365 days a year?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Mine too! They must have decided to pick up more than once a day.

Umm, wonder if it's because there's so much mail coming their way? :innocent0
    Probably to much mail, The guy at the postal service told me to call back tomorrow afternoon if it said anything other than delivered by then. you might want to call them tomorrow afternoon

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Mailed my app last Friday. Came back today - I sent a check for $112. DUMA**. Resending tomorrow with $75.00 check. Will my LIVESCAN still be OK??? Seend some threads here that they are only good 72 hours which does notmakesense.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Mailed my app last Friday. Came back today - I sent a check for $112. DUMA**. Resending tomorrow with $75.00 check. Will my LIVESCAN still be OK??? Seend some threads here that they are only good 72 hours which does notmakesense.

Did they note to you that just the check amout was incorrect? I would try it what do you have to loose? Them sending it back again?

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    Mailed from Hyattsville, Md. at 1:06pm on 03/13. "Delivered" 03/14 at 9:25am. The $.75 for delivery confirmation is well worth the peace of mind...and provides substantiation/verification that your app made it within 72 hours.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ours sent UPS Next Day. I already knew to never send or receive anything USPS that wasn't expendable. I have even had a large heavy box sent Priority vaporize in transit. 5% of the mail in my mailbox is addressed elsewhere , and presumably same of mine likewise. Seems like it is always Tax notices , and insurance bills.

My sources in USPS tell me that in latest round of" efficency improvements" that ALL mail is electronicly sorted and prebundeled , and individual letter carriers are prohibited from actually checking the addresses on individual items.
    Overall the Mail does get delivered more quickly at lower labor expense. Just not nesecarrily to it's intended address.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Question:

I just got my fingerprints done at the Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office yesterday. These were done via Live Scan then printed on the card - This was for a Florida renewal where they want the actual card turned in.

Anyway I asked about the Live Scan and mentioned that I would be coming back to do a Maryland app soon. I asked to they have the ability to electronically send the live scan print to the MSP.

He said they system is still new and as of now they do not have the ability to electronically forward prints. They can only print them on a card. He said they are working on it and hope to be able to do that soon.

So my question is, for the MSP application do the Live Scan prints need to be forwarded to them electronically or will they accept Live Scan prints on a card?

Thanks

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I don't think the MSP really looks at the prints, the place where I got mine done is the ones that actually use the prints to do the background investigation using the prints. The receipt is to give the MSP the file number so they can see that your background check is good to go and they can proceed with the permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IIRC the actual Livescan goes to the FBi CJIS in Shepherdstown, WV. I think MSP can see the results of the background check using the reference number. This is similar but more thorough than a NICS check since it also uses prints.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    One more question about LiveScan for those of you that have done it:

Do I need to bring a birth certificate or my Social Security card or anything like that? Or is a drivers license sufficient? Or do I even need that?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I head down there.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

Do I need to bring a birth certificate or my Social Security card or anything like that? Or is a drivers license sufficient? Or do I even need that?

Just need some ID like a Driver's license.

Mr H

Banana'd

I was told Photo ID.

But I got home, and realized he never asked to see it!! OOPS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom