• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes, that's fairly common. One common cause for this is if you have a fairly common name, as I do. You can check the Maryland CJIS database for yourself and see if some unknown namesake is holding you up. Don't bother telling MSP, though. They'll just remind you they have 30 days.

Thanks.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Three weeks as ofSaturdat May 16th, from April 25th entry. Maryland was done with their portion May 14th, still waiting on NICS and CJIS......

It's all Maryland. The CJIS check is a Maryland record, and an MSP trooper has to review the results of the NICS check. Of course, they have to request the NICS check first, and they are pretty slow at those as well. I've had 77Rs where they didn't do the NICS check until Day 6.

phil_c42

May 15, 2015
    Damascus, MD
    So I just checked my HQL checklist. My Application/License Fee was completed on May 01, and DHMH was completed on May 04. Nothing else has been checked, and it's now May 20. Is this normal? Did I miss something?

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    well it finally happened, applied 5/4, active 5/21 now time to wait again. i love all this red tape around my rights

phil_c42

May 15, 2015
    Damascus, MD
    I have heard that you can buy a handgun without the actual HQL physically in hand, you just need the license number. Although I haven't tried it yet...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That is incorrect. MSP has stated you must have the card in hand. I don't know of any FFL who will transfer a firearm without the physical card.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Does anyone know why I cant fill out the prerequisite section? it just comes up blank when I click on it.
    Also, I can't view or delete the pictures I uploaded, two jpg files of training card, and photo ID?
    mildly freaking out since I got fingerprints on Friday and I have 72 hours?

phil_c42

May 15, 2015
    Damascus, MD
    That is incorrect. MSP has stated you must have the card in hand. I don't know of any FFL who will transfer a firearm without the physical card.

Actually, they don't need the physical card in hand. As long as the dealer can sign in to your online account, verify you are who you say you are, and get your HQL number, you're good to go.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Actually, they don't need the physical card in hand. As long as the dealer can sign in to your online account, verify you are who you say you are, and get your HQL number, you're good to go.

I believe somewhere in this thread a dealer quoted the exact portion of the law which states the license must in your possession when you make the purchase.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am not aware of any MD FFL who based on the MSP advisory, would transfer a firearm without the buyer having the card in hand.

If you can provide a cite, then I'll retract my statement.

This from the MSP HQL FAQ. it states the HQL must be presented to the dealer. Not the number or a computer screen. Notice the word possess in the MSP requirement.

Attachments

• hql.jpg
      hql.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 183
    • possess.jpg
      possess.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 176
    Last edited:

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    My wife and I got printed and filled out the online application on 5/19. Both of us went active on 6/3 and we got our cards today (6/8) in the mail.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Looks like another normal one

Application\License Fee Completed May/23/15
    MVA Photo Completed Jun/09/15
    LiveScan Completed Jun/09/15
    Training Completed Jun/09/15
    NICS Incomplete
    METERS Completed Jun/09/15
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Jun/09/15
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Jun/09/15
    DHMH Completed May/26/15

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Filed and was lives scanned on May 6. Certified on June 1 and received card in mail on June 9th. It took a long time, longer than I expected. It was over a month from start to finish.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I created an application in Dec never finished it ( needed to submit documents and pay) couldn't log on today. I tried a pword reset but was unable to process. Browser issues aside does your pending applications get cleared periodically? or has the system been down/broken? I couldn't find anything regarding technical support details far or contacts

(I am going to use a different machine later just wanted to double check if it was only issues on my end)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom