• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donating to Fund the HQL Lawsuit

• Yes - I have/will donate as this is our best bet.

Votes: 98 59.4%
    • Yes - Win or lose, I won't stop fighting.

Votes: 31 18.8%
    • No - I don't think it stands snowballs chance.

Votes: 29 17.6%
    • No - I think the HQL is a good common sense measure.

Votes: 1 0.6%
    • Undecided - I'm going around in circles.

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    One shouldn't have to pay for transparency. If MSI wants to be nontransparent and it works for them, so be it. Questions or comments that go off script from the MSI expected cychophantic rah rah stuff is frequently labelled snarks. It seems MSI fell in to a over promise, under deliver with the Hogan whisperers, but that will pass. As a current sustaining member these are not gripes, but sincere observations.

Show up at a meeting and help. Or don't.
    10-7

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I normally have you on ignore, but happened to click this...

The "Shall Issue" message was far too limited, for the fight we saw coming.

So, back in 2012, we adopted a broader focus, supporting the breadth of possible 2A issues, and the Mission Statement was changed to reflect the new direction. Have you read it? It's pretty clear. Membership started growing immediately.

We were proven right with the advent of the 2013 session.

Please make an effort to learn the history before you go snarking and sniping at a very dedicated group of people doing the hard work for YOUR rights. If you got to know the people and the stories, I'm betting I wouldn't be getting multiple PMs a week wondering who you are and why you're doing what you do.

I'm sure people would be much happier with you being a constructive part of the solution, rather than a burr under the saddle.

Closing the curtain again...

I don't use ignore.. He actually a lot of fun..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Very good point here. Why is a Shall Issue organization now branching out fighting a HQL, when it has gotten nowhere with it's original intent? Could the $100k be better spent on carry rights lobbying? Lets be real, ninety plus percent doing the most bitching over a HQL are ones exempt from training. I'm really not in to court battles and spending small fortunes on principals that are frankly just to get rid of a nuisance. The HQL is a crap law, but Scalia himself is on record that schemes like that are not unconstitutional. I can see the loss now, "It is just a tax" .... thank you Roberts..

Go find out..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Just my opinion, but as someone who works in marketing full-time I think you need to change the name. If an organization doesn't want to limit itself to one very specific issue, then it shouldn't have a self-defining title like that.

The truth is there are a lot of people in the general public who are ambivalent about CCW because they don't really want one but might be very concerned about other 2A issues, like the HQL for instance. Why limit your appeal?

Just my .02, and I know my opinion means nothing (that was already made clear to me by someone else a long time ago), but just trying to be helpful.

Its been dicussed. I was told there were legal hassles..

I do agree,but I see the point that we can't get tied up in costly reorgs just now..

Again I agree with your point.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    The NRA doesn't fund lost causes. They already tried and failed to get similar laws ruled unconstitutional in Mass and NY...They know better than to pump their members money into law suits that they won't win...Apparently other groups didn't get the memo..

That was Saf..

NRA. Was the group that tried to sabotoge Heller iirc.. They knew that was a lost cause as well..

Bye bye

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Always nice to see people who act like shit heads find the ban hammer upside their skull.

I'm sorry to say that people like the jerk off in this thread drove me away from 2A activism, but this shit gets very, very old in short order. At least it did for me. I put up with it longer than I should have. Maybe one day I'll return to an active role. In the mean time, take my ducats and make use of them.

Working for our 2A rights in this state is a Sisyphean task in the first place, without the idiots cheering when the boulder doesn't stay at the top of the hill.

F***!

Opps... Should read in order...;)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    How does:

"No - I am waiting for the NRA to foot the bill and put all of the money I have ever contributed to it, toward this fight. I mean, the NRA higher up that lives in Maryland did say it will fight the FSA2013 all the way."

Of course, that was when we were talking about the referendum. Too costly and a losing battle to do a referendum, so we are going to take our chances in court and fight this all the way.

Yeah, and now reality is here and everybody wants money from the masses to fight this.

The NRA is going to have to do a bang up job on the FSA2013 to see another dollar from this man, and I have given it enough already.

Luckily, the age old adage "The NRA is the best and only organization in the country to protect our 2nd Amendment Right" isn't applicable anymore with 2AF and others out there.

Rant over

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Except that the SAF isn't involved here. That's not a prod at them by any means, but that's the truth.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Except that the SAF isn't involved here. That's not a prod at them by any means, but that's the truth.

They are impressive.

Perhaps they and NRA not stepping up to file against this should make some think..

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Seems as though the NRA really isn't that involved either when it is time to fork out the money to follow through on fighting this bill to the very end. Thought I was losing my mind about what the NRA rep had said, so I went and started doing some googling. Nope, the NRA talked a pretty tough game back in 2013. In 2015, when it is time to pay, not so much.

Just wish I could find/remember the name of the NRA brass that is a Maryland resident that pledged to fight this, and the quote from him.

We shall see how this unfolds.

Edit to add: Found it

David Keene

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...30409_1_gun-law-maryland-legislation-gun-bill

I get it, the NRA is fighting the Constitutionality of the bill as it pertains to assault weapons and standard capacity mags. The HQL, not so much. Wish the NRA had been a little more clear about what it was going to challenge.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Seems as though the NRA really isn't that involved either when it is time to fork out the money to follow through on fighting this bill to the very end. Thought I was losing my mind about what the NRA rep had said, so I went and started doing some googling. Nope, the NRA talked a pretty tough game back in 2013. In 2015, when it is time to pay, not so much.

Just wish I could find/remember the name of the NRA brass that is a Maryland resident that pledged to fight this, and the quote from him.

We shall see how this unfolds.

Edit to add: Found it

David Keene

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...30409_1_gun-law-maryland-legislation-gun-bill

I get it, the NRA is fighting the Constitutionality of the bill as it pertains to assault weapons and standard capacity mags. The HQL, not so much. Wish the NRA had been a little more clear about what it was going to challenge.

That is what I recall. Isn't that still waiting for a decision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom