Attachments

• 1st Elk.JPG
      1st Elk.JPG
      143.4 KB · Views: 402

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    My 11 year old daughter shot her 1st deer today! Proud Papa here:D, nice spiked buck. She shot it at about 100 yards with her 300BLK. It was a good shot the buck took of running right at us! He came close enough for me to slap him on the ass and then veered of to the right and collapsed 20 yards away from us. I would post a pic with my daughter but the wife doesn't want her on the web. 1024141859a.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Now how many kids get to whack their first deer with a suppressed(assault) rifle. Lucky duck! Congratulations to you both.:thumbsup:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    My 11 year old daughter shot her 1st deer today! Proud Papa here:D, nice spiked buck. She shot it at about 100 yards with her 300BLK. It was a good shot the buck took of running right at us! He came close enough for me to slap him on the ass and then veered of to the right and collapsed 20 yards away from us. I would post a pic with my daughter but the wife doesn't want her on the web. View attachment 133956

congrats! And make some stew meat out it, it will be tender and delicious!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I'm hellbent on taking a Cecil county deer with my HBAR using Rem Hog Hammer or Federal Vitashok 60gr. Dunno how I'll do, but add me to the AR hunting club ( no can for me though...) Trail cam shows some does and some dinky spike bucks. Meat, meat, meat!

Klunatic-I assume crop damage using a modern rifle this week.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Time oil the bang, till firearms season 11/29.

Back to the twang

What a crappy season this has been.

6 weeks in and only one and half deer to show for it.

Saw a freshly harvested corn field the other evening as I was leaving my area.

You could've walked from one end of the field to the other on the backs of the deer that were there.

If this were Hereford, circa 1975, Bubbas with their chaws full of Red Man would have lit them up with spotlights and .243s.

2014 sucks!

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County

If this were Hereford, circa 1975, Bubbas with their chaws full of Red Man would have lit them up with spotlights and .243s.

2014 sucks!

Was poaching a big issue back in the day? It still is where I go up in PA..

No Bambis for me yet after 4 or 5 days in the woods...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

6 weeks in and only one and half deer to show for it.

Saw a freshly harvested corn field the other evening as I was leaving my area.

You could've walked from one end of the field to the other on the backs of the deer that were there.

2014 sucks!

You are half a deer ahead of me.

I will be putting in another stand this week, on the other side (stream side) of the thicket which would be 50-60 yards from my blind site.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Bumpass? Is that the best name the town could come up with? :lol:

Congratulations! Nice hero picture too! Is there a big frog problem in that town? Bumpass?:lol2:

Yep, it's the name of a li'l town northwest of Richmond in Louisa County near the epicenter of the earthquake we had a few years ago. I guess some people fell down on their asses during that earthquake there and reconfirmed that name, Bumpass.

I've had alot going on and have only been able to get out 4 times for a total of 8 hours in the stand. So far I have drawn 5 or 6 times, realeased 4 times, and killed 3. The miss was a clean miss. I knew it as soon as I released, I could hear the whiz as a fletching came off. Here is the first one I shot last night. She was a 1.5yo doe. Note the white spot on her side infront of the rear legs, she had a similar spot on the other side. She also had a severe under bite.

That's a dork deer.:lol2:

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    The Rut is on folks!!!!

They are in full rut in Marylandistan!

This morning, a doe came tearing into the field not long after sunrise, followed by her baby, followed by a small fork, followed by a larger fork, followed by a nice rack buck. Had to yell HEYYY!!!! a couple times to get the procession to pause so I could shoot. Here is the rack buck:

TH%20Entry%2011%203%2014%20Pic%202.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom