ONLINE SURVEY - let's get some accurate numbers on application submissions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is nothing left besides waiting to see if SCOTUS grants CERT. All legal avenues have been exhauste for now..

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Maryland State Police Authorization for Release of Information to Purchase a Regulated Firearm
    Instructions: Submit this form with the form MSP 77R Part 1 and Part 2
    Application Tracking #_____________ (Located in Red on the Top Right of form MSP 77R– 2)
    I, _________________________________________________________________________
    (Last Name) (First Name) (Middle Name)
    Race:_______________ Sex: ␣ Male ␣ Female Date of Birth:________________ Social Security # _______________________________ Home Address:______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________
    authorize the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, or any other similar agency or department of another state, to disclose to the Department of State Police information limited to whether I suffer from a mental disorder as defined in § 10-101(f)(2) of the Health--General Article and have a history of violent behavior against anyone; or whether I have been confined for more than 30 consecutive days to a mental health facility as defined in § 10-101 of the Health--General Article.
    I acknowledge that this information will be used, solely as part of the investigation required by Title 5, Subtitle 1 of the Public Safety Article, Annotated Code of Maryland, to determine my eligibility to possess a regulated firearm. In the event that my application to purchase a regulated firearm is disapproved, I acknowledge that this authorization and any information obtained via this authorization may be used in any proceeding relating to such disapproval.
    I further acknowledge that I may at any time, except to the extent that the Department of State Police has already taken action in reliance on it, revoke this authorization by submitting a request for revocation in writing. If not previously revoked, this authorization will terminate one year after the date I sign this application or upon notification to me of the denial of this application, whichever occurs first.

http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=2ENYQ19GX04%3D&tabid=429

Hmmm, I wonder just how much leeway I gave them by signing that form?

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Update -- I got my carry permit, highly restricted.

Basically my fiancee started a business, and when I went for the informal review, the trooper said to use that.

I can only carry a gun when "between residence (business name) or while actively involved in financial business transactions and employee of same."

On the plus side, that's the only time that I am ever at rick of attack, because I live and work in a rural area. This covers me when I need to transport jewelry, go into a city to pick up electronics, or drop off money at the bank.

In reality I still almost never carry, but because I have my MD permit, I can now get a PA permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom