• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markc

Apr 9, 2011
    Hello,

I am looking for a part time or full time position in providing Tier 1 technical support. I am currently studying for the CompTIA A+ certifications and have worked on workstations/copiers during my previous jobs.

What I am hoping to get out of the position is more training on networks and Active Directory management, something I have very little experience in.

I am a very quick learner and attentive to detail. (I have worked at a LGS during the peak of the panic and, also, worked with a 501c(3)/501c(4) organization that required attention to the difference.)

If you know of any opportunities, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you!

Markc

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If you play it smart, Craigslist can actually be a great place to find Tier 1 jobs.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Where do you live? We have a pretty consistent turnover of Tier 1 support personnel where I work, so we are always bringing new people on board, but it may not be close enough for you to consider.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    I live in Silver Spring/Olney. I have a car. I used to commute from Olney to Arlington. So, I think almost anything is a better commute.

Would you like me to forward you my resume?

Thank you so much!

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    You have a PM,

That also goes for anyone else looking

I have L1-L3 Helpdesk Postions
    L2-3 Field Engineer Positions
    and a might need a couple project engineers.

Edit: Not a recruiter, just a IT manager with some open positions.

Buck1986

Apr 7, 2014
    Me Too!

I also have completed a A+ course, however have not tested yet, and am currently taking classes at AACC for a cyber forensics degree. I have been using computers and the like for a while and am looking for something entry level in IT. Have a car and do not mind commuting.

psusra112

Jun 8, 2011
    lol
    I also have completed a A+ course, however have not tested yet, and am currently taking classes at AACC for a cyber forensics degree. I have been using computers and the like for a while and am looking for something entry level in IT. Have a car and do not mind commuting.

Test for the A+, and start studying for Security+ and Net+. If you can find someone to clear you in the area, that'll be even better for you.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Great thread! I am currently in the IT field and was wondering if you guys have any leads on part-time and/or at-home entry level jobs available?

Right now I'm working as an Applications Analyst for a county school system, with experience in private education admissions and implementation of student database systems. Before my career change I worked in the automotive field as both a technician and parts department advisor. I am also currently in school completing my Bachelors degree in Information Technology however I have not completed any certifications yet.

89GLH

Jan 26, 2012
    Don't depend on the A+ to find work, keep going for more. Sec+ is key now for any fed positions, the DoD 8570 compliance being the factor. Sec+, GSEC, GPEN, etc. They're more in depth certs than the A+.

psusra112

Jun 8, 2011
    lol
    Great thread! I am currently in the IT field and was wondering if you guys have any leads on part-time and/or at-home entry level jobs available?

Right now I'm working as an Applications Analyst for a county school system, with experience in private education admissions and implementation of student database systems. Before my career change I worked in the automotive field as both a technician and parts department advisor. I am also currently in school completing my Bachelors degree in Information Technology however I have not completed any certifications yet.

Start working on either some security certification (Security+, GSEC, GPEN, GWAN) or Cisco/network Certs (CCENT, CCNA, Net+). Where are you doing your Bachelors?

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Start working on either some security certification (Security+, GSEC, GPEN, GWAN) or Cisco/network Certs (CCENT, CCNA, Net+). Where are you doing your Bachelors?

Thanks for the tips, I was planning on getting started with certifications this year but hadn't looked into which I should aim for first. I'm doing my bachelors at Towson but only going part time as I have a 3 year old and one on the way and work full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom