• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My next immediate move is to convert my 16" 5.45x39 AR-15 to an 11.5" 5.56x45 AR-15, and then convert my pre-10/1 11.5" AR-15 to 7.5". (So, one new upper, an upper swap, and a lower that becomes an SBR.)

After that, it's time to work on my DDLES Glock 9mm SBR build (post-10/1). If Andy gets a favorable response, I'll make it 5.5", but if not, probably a 10.5" upper (or wait until I move out of state).

Once the DDLES is done, the two other AR-esque builds I might do are:
    1. MGI Vipera SBR (7.62x39, AK magwell)
    2. CMMG Mk-8 DMR (7.62x51, G3 mags)

But I'm out of room in the safe, so those would be post-move (or post-decision to stay). And, really, I don't want to spend all my time and money on ARs. There's a whole world of other guns out there, and having a dozen expensive ARs is taking me away from the 17 other guns I've got on my "to-buy" list.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    After making it over the Bay and escaped the PRM (Peoples Republic of Maryland) on my buy list is one of these: http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/NewTechSeets/R20GVTA4S-7 3-25-14 MSRP.pdf
    I left the active Army before the M-16a2 hit the line units ( I was Conus 1st ID at the time ) and I would have traded a fun body part to have one of these as my assigned weapon. My weapons budget may push the buy of the new AR into 2015, there is a CMP Garand and a Martin 795LTR rifles in front of the Windham. Kinda sorry I couldn't save the rifle ( M16a1, 1968 build date ) I had in the 82d, 1551468 was her number and I could make the bad guys miserable starting at 350m. She has gone to Rifle Heaven by now.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Still have a few lowers available, but haven't decided what to build them into. Already done a pistol build, 5.56, (2) 300BO, 50 Beo - starting to run out of calibers...

Have other projects to finish before I worry about them.

.458 SOCOM, .450 Bushmaster, 7x62.25, 7.62x39, 6.5 SPC, 6.5 Grendel :P

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    SBR. not sure about the caliber. Any suggestions out there? All my others are 5.56. Time for a change? Another caliber means another can.$$$$$$

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    .458 SOCOM, .450 Bushmaster, 7x62.25, 7.62x39, 6.5 SPC, 6.5 Grendel :P

.50 Beo is bigger than the .458. ;)
    Have shot the .450 Bushy plenty - not interested.
    x39 does nothing for me, 6.8 and 6.5G don't do much for me either.

May actually let another upper go instead, the 5.56 16" LW is just sitting in the safe - maybe 250 rounds down the pipe.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    .50 Beo is bigger than the .458. ;)
    Have shot the .450 Bushy plenty - not interested.
    x39 does nothing for me, 6.8 and 6.5G don't do much for me either.

May actually let another upper go instead, the 5.56 16" LW is just sitting in the safe - maybe 250 rounds down the pipe.
    I had the pleasure of shooting a .50 beowolf last week- like my Co-worker said when he first shot one: after the first trigger pull "I gotta get one of those".

What a fun round to squeeze the bang switch on!

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    The question I have now is fun for how many shots?:)
    He only brought 30 rds with him. I shot it 4 times- 2- 2 shot groups at the NRA range at 50yd. The first group was about 3 mm apart. The second group was touching- They are BIG holes so not that impressive, but funner than hell!

Edit: and I'll add- that first shot- the whole range pretty much came to a stop to see who was shooting a cannon.

Edit 2: I'd equate it slightly harder than a 1 oz slug out of a pump shotgun. So it's fun for about 20rds I'd guess.

Feb 28, 2013
    Edit 2: I'd equate it slightly harder than a 1 oz slug out of a pump shotgun. So it's fun for about 20rds I'd guess.

Oh, is that all?

Hell, I shoot those out of a pistol grip pump shotty without any trouble, although that turned out to be a little much for some folks around here.:innocent0

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Oh, is that all?

Hell, I shoot those out of a pistol grip pump shotty without any trouble, although that turned out to be a little much for some folks around here.:innocent0
    Well that's the shoulder. You can't forget the other three events:

1) The 18" diameter ball of fire at the end of the muzzle
    2) The "WAPOOM! and concussion.
    3) The 300+ degree heat wave that encompasses you for about 1 second compliments of the muzzle break

Yea- it's awesome!

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Part of the way on an SBR in 300 BLK.
    Form 1 approved this week, Anderson lower engraved courtesy of Duffy's, Geissele G2S trigger on order but the rest of the LPK is in place. Just need to scrape up the $$$ for a PWS Mk 112 upper. Undecided on sights but leaning towards the Leatherwood CMR-AK762.

Feb 28, 2013
    Well that's the shoulder. You can't forget the other three events:

1) The 18" diameter ball of fire at the end of the muzzle
    2) The "WAPOOM! and concussion.
    3) The 300+ degree heat wave that encompasses you for about 1 second compliments of the muzzle break

Yea- it's awesome!

Sounds cool.:thumbsup:

But you were slightly mistaken on one thing. I shoot pistol grip shottys from the hip. :D

Ask Brad. He watched me do it once.:smoke:

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Sounds cool.:thumbsup:

But you were slightly mistaken on one thing. I shoot pistol grip shottys from the hip. :D

Ask Brad. He watched me do it once.:smoke:
    I think it's worth the price of admission. You just gave me a bad idea. If I can find one at hazard cty. Tomorrow I'll invite you for a test drive. I'm guessing you'll be saying the same thing "I have to get one of those"

Feb 28, 2013
    I think it's worth the price of admission. You just gave me a bad idea. If I can find one at hazard cty. Tomorrow I'll invite you for a test drive. I'm guessing you'll be saying the same thing "I have to get one of those"

Sounds good to me.:D

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Going for a 300BLK for deer hunting and then an AR pistol in 223. After that, I get to build a bone stock AR for the wifey.

Just built that.. 300 BLK on top with Sig brace, .223 on bottom

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
      unnamed.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 116
    • 300 BLK.jpg
      300 BLK.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 123
    • 300 BLK UR ******.jpg
      300 BLK UR ******.jpg
      25.8 KB · Views: 121

Users who are viewing this thread