• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    See my previous posts, as in one of them I enumerated some of what we've done to change the political climate in MD for the better, especially for 2A.

Add to that the new, and hopefully annual, bi-annual, or whatever WOR Shooters' Gun Clean event. The first one is today. To the next one we intend to invite our local LEOs.

To those who have recently joined the gun culture, and I count myself, I say:

1) Join SAF
    2) Join MSI
    3) Join NRA

in that order.

and remember, laws are made by lawmakers, which are elected. If you're not fighting in the political arena for strong 2A political candidates to be elected and frequently contacting those that are already there, all the rest of it is merely token, IMO.

Welcome all gun advocates, and thanks to all of you who are fighting the good fight with us!

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    What am I doing?

Great question for us all...

For my part I've volunteered to be a guinea pig for SAF and put up my cash to apply for a CCW based on "right to self defense". Obviously this will be rejected but I think that's what SAF expect.

I do have an off the wall question...

Suppose a group of people formally registered an organization incorporating the word "Militia", then a member of that group applied for a CCW and for the reason put "as a member of ..... Militia I need to provide for its "well regulation" in accordance with the Constitution".

Think it might at least give them pause for thought?

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Great question for us all...

For my part I've volunteered to be a guinea pig for SAF and put up my cash to apply for a CCW based on "right to self defense". Obviously this will be rejected but I think that's what SAF expect.

I do have an off the wall question...

Suppose a group of people formally registered an organization incorporating the word "Militia", then a member of that group applied for a CCW and for the reason put "as a member of ..... Militia I need to provide for its "well regulation" in accordance with the Constitution".

Think it might at least give them pause for thought?

AFAIK Militias are illegal in the state of Maryland unless raised by the governor

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    these are my elected officials but i dont know where they stand on 2a rights or how to contact them:

Your Governor:
    Martin J. O'Malley
    Your Lt. Governor:
    Anthony G. Brown

Your US Senators:
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    Benjamin L. Cardin

Your US Representative (Maryland District 6):
    Roscoe G. Bartlett

Your State Senator (District 35):
    Barry Glassman

Your State Representatives (District 35A):
    H. Wayne Norman, Jr.
    Donna Stifler

sorry if im supposed to search this info but im having trouble finding it, and i do want to help in the fight for our 2A rights

i do know that omally is anti but other than that im not sure

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    these are my elected officials but i dont know where they stand on 2a rights or how to contact them:

Your Governor:
    Martin J. O'Malley
    Your Lt. Governor:
    Anthony G. Brown

Your US Senators:
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    Benjamin L. Cardin

Roscoe G. Bartlett

Barry Glassman

H. Wayne Norman, Jr.
    Donna Stifler

sorry if im supposed to search this info but im having trouble finding it, and i do want to help in the fight for our 2A rights

Here'a a little help.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=5715

http://www.dbm.state.md.us/phonebook/Level2Offices.asp?AID=EXEC

Knowing where they stand is nice, but being polite, to the point and expressing your views is good, too.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

Your Governor:
    Martin J. O'Malley
    Your Lt. Governor:
    Anthony G. Brown

Your US Senators:
    Barbara A. Mikulski
    Benjamin L. Cardin

Roscoe G. Bartlett

Barry Glassman

H. Wayne Norman, Jr.
    Donna Stifler

I'm not sure about Glassman, Norman or Stiffler (though they are Republicans), but Bartlett is very pro-2A.

Mention 'gun' to the rest and first, they'll shrivel up like a slug getting salt thrown on it. Then, you might get a visit from the boys in the Chevy Tahoes.

I tried to look at the 2010 MSI recommendations, but the link didn't work for me (thread link below with recommendation link in it). Maybe you can PM Norton.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=44833&highlight=Maryland+Issue

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Ok, so being new to the site. These may be "not so intelligent" questions however I will ask them anyways.

-Is there any legislation that needs to be opposed or supported as of today?

-Where do I find that information for future uses?

-During times where no legislation affects firearm laws are people just sending random pro-concealed carry letters?

As a comment, I would think that it is very important to know the recipients stance on gun control before the letters were sent so the sender would know how to word their letters to appropriately address the audience.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ok, so being new to the site. These may be "not so intelligent" questions however I will ask them anyways.

-During times where no legislation affects firearm laws are people just sending random pro-concealed carry letters?

As a comment, I would think that it is very important to know the recipients stance on gun control before the letters were sent so the sender would know how to word their letters to appropriately address the audience.

The MD legislature meets for 90 days from January - April, so right now there is no state level activity as far as bills go. :thumbsup:

You can go to marylandshallissue.org and sign up for the email alerts to get information on issues as they arise.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009

In the same order as asked...

-No

-Join MSI, (see signature) and get regular updates as things happen. It is not a the kind of email that comes everyday with pitches to send more money...it is grassroots with updates that mean something.

-Depends on how serious you are. I only suggest you be polite.

TheCrow

Jun 22, 2011
    Granite, MD
    Hi,
    Just joined mdshooter.com
    I started trap shooting this year and was instantly addicted. I'm now an NRA member and plan to join MSI. I am a strong advocate for gun safety and try to educate all my friends who are not gun owners (yet). I encourage them to come shoot some clay with me whenever I go, so far everyone who comes loves it.

Last weekend I bought my first handgun at the Timonium gun show, filled out the papers and now I am waiting. I am very anxious to see if I have been approved. I will let you know how it goes. I've always wanted a handgun and really hope I am permitted to exercise my second amendments rights.
    I join you guys and will do anything I can to help, and thank you guys for all that you are doing.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    As you can tell from my signature line ...

Joined and contribute regularly to the organizations supporting our cause.

Sign and particpate in petition drives, getting friends and family to put thier John Hancock on the dotted line

Send letters and e-mails to our elected 'representatives' (I use that term loosely) expressing my views.

Attend rallies on occasion.

and above all I VOTE (early and often ... :rolleyes:)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Hi,
    Just joined mdshooter.com
    I started trap shooting this year and was instantly addicted. I'm now an NRA member and plan to join MSI. I am a strong advocate for gun safety and try to educate all my friends who are not gun owners (yet). I encourage them to come shoot some clay with me whenever I go, so far everyone who comes loves it.

Last weekend I bought my first handgun at the Timonium gun show, filled out the papers and now I am waiting. I am very anxious to see if I have been approved. I will let you know how it goes. I've always wanted a handgun and really hope I am permitted to exercise my second amendments rights.
    I join you guys and will do anything I can to help, and thank you guys for all that you are doing.

Hey, welcome! Nice to have another joining in the "fight".

There's and introduction section where you'd get a better welcome...http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom