• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    My son had one that he used for Cowboy Action in .38/.357. It was pretty stiff when new, but has loosened up as he put more rounds downrange.

If you decide to have it slicked up, Steve Young of Steve's Guns is the guru of the Winchester 1892 clones. http://www.stevesgunz.com/

I can't vouch for his work, but he seems to be the person who does the most with them and also deals with "problem guns".

JoeR

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My son had one that he used for Cowboy Action in .38/.357. It was pretty stiff when new, but has loosened up as he put more rounds downrange.

If you decide to have it slicked up, Steve Young of Steve's Guns is the guru of the Winchester 1892 clones. http://www.stevesgunz.com/

I can't vouch for his work, but he seems to be the person who does the most with them and also deals with "problem guns".

JoeR

I might have to hit him up. Someone at Rossi decided to add a "safety" in the most inconvenient place on the rifle. At least with a tang safety it's within reach of my thumb with my hand in the lever, but on top of the receiver? :sad20:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    This guy is the "expert" on them

http://www.stevesgunz.com/

* Services
    And prices... (2/2013)

Rossi 92 Action - $189.95
    Additional Options:
    1. Change plastic mag tube follower to steel. - $19.95
    With the plastic mag tube, it's not a matter of "if"
    it's going to hang up…it IS!
    2. Remove ugly bolt safety on the LSI Puma guns - $40.00

Winchester 92, 94 Action - $189.95

Nice guy, sent me a detailed email on question I had. :thumbsup:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    They told me "It's all your fault [meaning MD residents overall, including gun owners] for electing those dumbasses into office. Get rid of 'em and we'll sell to you."

I fired right back with "well the jackasses in annapolis are just as much my fault as that dipshit YOU elected as a governor, so eat a whole bag of dicks. I'm an Iowa resident; I'll just buy stuff from Iowa FFL's."

He seemed a bit surprised at my response.

**** Dark Sun and everything they think they stand for.

Good response to another red neck ass hat VA dealer.:thumbsup:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    This guy is the "expert" on them

http://www.stevesgunz.com/

* Services
    And prices... (2/2013)

Rossi 92 Action - $189.95
    Additional Options:
    1. Change plastic mag tube follower to steel. - $19.95
    With the plastic mag tube, it's not a matter of "if"
    it's going to hang up…it IS!
    2. Remove ugly bolt safety on the LSI Puma guns - $40.00

Winchester 92, 94 Action - $189.95

Nice guy, sent me a detailed email on question I had. :thumbsup:

He rocks on Rossi's I have managed to do it all from his DVD but if you are not confident, he can do it at pretty reasonable rates considering the time involved (stoning this stuff is slow).

As for the plastic mag tube vs steel, I must admit I have been agnostic, I have lots of guns with plastic mag tube followers and rarely have a problem. Is it a dollar wasted now, necessary? Not so sure.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    He rocks on Rossi's I have managed to do it all from his DVD but if you are not confident, he can do it at pretty reasonable rates considering the time involved (stoning this stuff is slow).

As for the plastic mag tube vs steel, I must admit I have been agnostic, I have lots of guns with plastic mag tube followers and rarely have a problem. Is it a dollar wasted now, necessary? Not so sure.

I dunno, mine is fine BUT I haven't shot it that much. I'd lay money the weight, friction and recoil is much more from a 44 Mag than a 357 or .22 on that plastic so it would have to be apple to apple. I'll let you know if it ever goes **** up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom