• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Personally, I have zero issues with this.

If people want it, they will buy it.

If people hate it, they won't buy it.

Either way, I don't really don't think it will alter anything.

I have an XDm - I happen to like the fact that it comes with a grip safety. You hate the grip safety? That's fine w/me - go buy a Glock. Exercise your rights however you like.

If somebody has a young kid or curious teenager in the house and they are so worried about being able to secure the weapon effectively that they want this in addition to a pistol safe, I'm not going to judge their decision.

I've bought stuff from you guys in the past, and will do so again in the future.

Now if you were the first guy who made a pistol that shoots 5.45x39 and got 7N6 banned - that would be a different story. I'm still looking for that guy...:mad54::mad54:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The existence of the technology does not give license to eradicate all previous technology. Andy's words won't be used against us because he is not advocating smart guns as the only technology that should exist. He is not saying it is better or safer. He is offering an option for those who want it. Banning Glocks fails the "common use" test put forth in Heller. Mandating this technology is Unconstitutional and violates anti-trust laws. I support his decision. I am speaking for me here and not MSI. I don't think they feel the need to justify anything to us. The sure didn't give a fvck what Andy said when they were hearing SB281.

Numbers sold aren't needed. They don't care. If we don't like it, it makes them happy. Time to start buying handguns.....

So which is it? On the one hand you say mandating this technology violates the Constitution while on the other you say "time to start buying handguns". It sounds like you have as much trust in the MGA as I do...

This I do know - the MGA will pass a law, even one that is unconstitutional, because they know it will be YEARS before it is over turned. They are buying time, during which the country could flop to anti-2A or a SCOTUS ruling overturning Heller. It is naive to think the MGA won't mandate this technology simply because of the threat that such a law is unconstitutional - after all, what does the MGA care about the Constitution - they passed SB281.

As for Engage selling the gun - I have no opinion. The shop will sell what it thinks can be sold for a profit.

The entire concept of a "safer" tool is absurd. This particular tool isn't supposed to be safe - its the user that's supposed to be safe.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Hey Guys,

Its me Andy. Ive been drinking so bear with me. I didnt do this for any money. Ive never been compensated by Armatix. I havent even cashed any of my draws in 3 months so this business can survive. Not your problem though. I didnt do this for the money. Anyone who says so can go **** themselves. I havent any money. I live in some shit condo in Silver Spring.

You call me and email me and threaten my life? How ****ing dare you. Bring it mother ****er. I carry a G19 and an HK UMP as all ****ing times. Show me what balls you have. You come at me, my girlfriend, or my god damned DOG I will put one in your dome. I promise you.

Maybe I got mislead about this. Its still my responsibility. Maybe I was fed some not-so-true info. It was still my responsibility. I stood, I tried to stand on the ideal that we could get some fence sitters and anti gunners into our fold. Maybe Im either too young or too old to realize thats not sturdy enough.

I never sold the gun. I dont stock the ****ing gun. Ive never even been paid by Armatix. Jesus ****ing christ.

If it saves my business partner Carlos or my employees their job I will quit. It wasnt their decision. It was mine to agree to the interviews. They shouldnt pay for something I did. Thats that.

You want my head come and take it. Dont dare hurt anyone associated with me or my dog. I will take everything you took for me in kind. That I promise you.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Another supporter here. Never been to Engage as I'm never down that way, really, but you're good people by all accounts. A hell of a dedicated person to the cause. Lots of passion.

You do what is best for your business. If I'm ever in the neighborhood I promise to stop in and make sure to purchase something. :thumbsup:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Got any t-shirts in stock? I'll gladly make the trip for one.
    I'd by some AR parts, but I'm in a state of flux at the moment.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Hey Guys,

Its me Andy. Ive been drinking so bear with me. I didnt do this for any money. Ive never been compensated by Armatix. I havent even cashed any of my draws in 3 months so this business can survive. Not your problem though. I didnt do this for the money. Anyone who says so can go **** themselves. I havent any money. I live in some shit condo in Silver Spring.

You call me and email me and threaten my life? How ****ing dare you. Bring it mother ****er. I carry a G19 and an HK UMP as all ****ing times. Show me what balls you have. You come at me, my girlfriend, or my god damned DOG I will put one in your dome. I promise you.

Maybe I got mislead about this. Its still my responsibility. Maybe I was fed some not-so-true info. It was still my responsibility. I stood, I tried to stand on the ideal that we could get some fence sitters and anti gunners into our fold. Maybe Im either too young or too old to realize thats not sturdy enough.

I never sold the gun. I dont stock the ****ing gun. Ive never even been paid by Armatix. Jesus ****ing christ.

If it saves my business partner Carlos or my employees their job I will quit. It wasnt their decision. It was mine to agree to the interviews. They shouldnt pay for something I did. Thats that.

You want my head come and take it. Dont dare hurt anyone associated with me or my dog. I will take everything you took for me in kind. That I promise you.

You've received death threats over this? That's entirely inexcusable. Sorry to see you catching so much flak. I've heard nothing but good things about you guys, and if & when I'm ever down that way, I'll drop in & introduce myself. Hang in there.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Andy if you need anything let me know. I've only bought 1 gun from your shop (590a1) but you and your team are all good guys and you shouldn't have to defend this as hard as you have. I think this backlash is ridiculous and I'm still gonna support the shop as funds (and the fiancee) allow. I know you feel like you are in a very dark place right now but you do have friends and we are here for you.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Death threats? Messing with your dog? WTF?

We're all on the same side. Hang in there man.

I'm thinking I need to come by and pick something up this weekend, just because.

You haven't done anything wrong - some people just can't see that.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hey Guys,

Andy, I own one of your E4 lowers and one of the uppers to go with it. I will still shop and visit you guys. I still have to get the 14" rail from you when I get my vacation (hopefully in about 2 weeks). Whatever all this crap is about the gun, I don't care. You've always been straight with all of us on here and the honor, rep, and fight for our rights is why I won't abandon EA. Also, when I come to buy my rail, I'll intro myself so you know who I am on here and if you guys have a 4x t-shirt, I'll buy one of those too.

If you say you never sold it, nor do you stock the gun, I take you at your word. Without a man's word and honor, what trust do we have in each other when it comes to how we all engage in the 2A fight?

opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    Andy

You do what you need to do bro. Anyone ****s with Brutus will have to deal with me and Kathy. That dog's the best shin licker there is.

Doctor Phil and Kathy

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This forum can devolve into kicking sand at one another from time to time and I'd like to believe that it's just healthy discourse with sane people having opposing views.

Threatening a person is where the line must be drawn. In this day and age, stupid people do stupid things.

I, for one, hope you and the community can track down those who made the comments and have them dealt with.

No one wants or needs this crap.

Peace.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What a crap byline. Engage isn't defying gun rights advocates by SELLING smart guns. Now, if he went down to Annapolis and advocated for a law mandating them, that would be an accurate byline... And a different situation.

To illustrate the point.... Just because we take safety seriously, do we want MGA legislating how they think we should accomplish this?

If the marketplace wants them, so be it.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Dude you've got my number if you need me. That said how much do you charge for your gunsmith to build out a lower?
    Standard LPK and triggah. I have my own grip and stock.

Draico

Apr 29, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Andy you have done so much for our state in terms of educating customers and standing up these un-constitutional gun laws. In terms of these cowards sitting behind their computers making threats, they are the ones that are giving gun owners a bad name. Know that you are not alone, you have friends that will stand behind you and continue to support you. I know that you are a man of integrity and honor and everything that you have done so far has been to benefit the rest of us law abiding gun owners. Keep your head up brother your not alone.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What???

You have been and are one of the most vocal supporters of 2A here in MD!! I have never met you personally, but will never forget your impassioned testimony last year in support of the 2A and the firearm community in general. (I stay out of your shop so I can pay my bills ;))

That's just wrong to threaten you!!! Lordy, I hope it wasn't anyone from MDS.

That article byline is misleading, trying to infer that by selling a product, you are "defying" the community. Complete and utter bs.

You sell what you can. Maybe it's time to make a visit...

Silence&Rage

Feb 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Hang in Andy. Threats are over the line. No one can question your commitment. I'm feeling the itch to buy and it'll be from you guys.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Posted on Facebook but figured I'd put my two cents in over here too.

Got your back on this one Andy. To all the people threatening Andy, Engage Armament LLC, his employees, and most importantly Brutus.....you are the reason people have a negative connotation with gun owners being irresponsible and bad things happening with gun owners. We are all in this fight together and the antis are licking their chops as "Members" of our gun owner community are fighting amongst ourselves and accomplishing a smear campaign for them without them even lifting a finger. Money is tight but I will be in the store for sure this weekend to buy something, anything really to show my support for you. Plus I guess my legs are a bit dirty and Brutus can lick them clean for me lol. Keep your head up brother, the good people in this world outnumber the jackasses....it just seems like there are more of the jackasses because they often are more vocal and willing to dish out shit they can't take in return.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anyone that's spent time in annapolis pushing for the 2A has seen andy and the engage guys walking the walk and actually trying to do something about md's gun laws instead of just whine about them. I have zero doubt when it comes to andy's dedication to the 2A and the 2A community. Andy's position on this is consistent with what we've seen from him, acting as a free man in the interest of guarding freedom for others.

Those placing blame on andy and the shop are idiots and hypocrites. NJ getting boned is because NJ put shitty politicians in office. They can always vote to yank them out if this becomes a problem for them. Who knows, the end result is andy's actions may lead to a giant voter backhand to anti-gun politicians in NJ. 281 sure mobilized a lot of new 2A advocates here in md.

My opinion doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, but I 100% back you in this andy and wish you well. I admire that you walk the walk and live by your principles. If I had expendable income to spend on firearms these days instead of family, your shop would be the only one getting my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom