• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badog

Jan 24, 2009
    Pee Gee County
    Does anybody know where I can get 7.35 Carcano ammo (7.35x51)?

I've just spent a couple of hours on the internet looking in the usual places as well as some unusual ones. All I could find was some original WWII ammo at myoldrifles.com (three 5-round clips for $60). This stuff probably won't shoot, but even if it does, I wouldn't shoot collectable ammo.

Badog

Jan 24, 2009
    Pee Gee County
    Thanks Squeky, that's just what I'm looking for. It's a little pricey, but I don't need much. I just hate to own a gun that I've never fired.

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    The 6.5 Carcano (6.5x52) is fairly easy to get, though expensive. Norma makes it.

The 7.35 Carcano (a necked up 6.5) was adopted by the Italians in 1938, but with the advent of war the logistics became so complicated that they changed back and almost all the rifles made for the new caliber were converted or converted back to the 6.5. So there are few Carcanos out there in 7.35 and little demand for the ammo.

Cases can be made by expanding the neck of 6.5 Mannlicher Schoenauer or 6.5 Carcano and then trimming as necessary. Another problem is that the bullet is .299/.300, (not .308) so bullets are hard to get unless you can swage them. Using .308 bullets is not recommended not because of the barrel diameter but because the tight chamber neck will not allow case neck expansion and pressure goes up.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom