• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I don't know if anyone else uses this powder, but, since my local dealer was out of the Hodgdon Clays I have been using I was forced in to trying something new. I made up 100 rounds last night for a group clay shoot coming up and I made four boxes with three different powder weights.

I'm just using some of the hundreds of free 12 gauge hulls I collect from the local range. If nothing else I can make some damn nice crimps with the Lee Load-All II press. I'll post up my reports for any FYI in the future. I figured I'd try this Winchester AA powder since the only thing they had left in the safe was IMR and I had no clue what powder to even start with for shotshells. But it appears that 800-X is the IMR of choice after the fact.

If anyone has any experience with this Winchester AA Super Handi-Cap powder. Please let me know. All I could do is start with the recommendation on the can, go with the Hodgdon website loading data and then make two recipes above that and see what happens.

Attachments

• WINCHESTER AA SH POWDER.jpg
      WINCHESTER AA SH POWDER.jpg
      68.3 KB · Views: 503
    • win aa sh.jpg
      win aa sh.jpg
      22.1 KB · Views: 494

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I like your labels, and that crimp looks sweet. My MEC 600 Jr only seems to like Remington hulls to crimp like that.

I appreciate the feedback. My presses don't care what hull you put in them they crimp everything very well. Below is a sample of few recent reloads showing the consistent crimps I get over 100's of rounds. No complains with my Lee Load All II presses. I'll be doing some 16 gauge soon.

Attachments

• LEE PRESS CRIMP SAMPLES.jpg
      LEE PRESS CRIMP SAMPLES.jpg
      88.2 KB · Views: 602

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads