• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    if you get a gun online thats not on the roster, what is the process of getting it approved?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    if you get a gun online thats not on the roster, what is the process of getting it approved?

You have to submit some forms and a gun and then the state test shoots the gun and the board decides to say yes or no. It can take a few months. There is a thread in the handgun section where I gave another member the contact info for the board.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I own two bears I would be willing to let you check them out. Atlantic Guns in Rockville is a stocking Baer dealer. The Gun Center in Frederick is a stocking Night Hawk dealer.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    I own two bears I would be willing to let you check them out. Atlantic Guns in Rockville is a stocking Baer dealer. The Gun Center in Frederick is a stocking Night Hawk dealer.

I don't know if the gun center is still a stocking dealer or not. When I went in to finally pick mine up they no longer had the nighthawk banner hanging in the store and they did not have any of their pistols in the case anymore. I know bill was not happy with the company and how they handled the fiasco with my pistol. I remember his son telling me on the phone the they had issues with nighthawk on there end, not just my issues. Take from that what you will, I don't know if they stopped dealing with them or not.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I don't know if the gun center is still a stocking dealer or not. When I went in to finally pick mine up they no longer had the nighthawk banner hanging in the store and they did not have any of their pistols in the case anymore. I know bill was not happy with the company and how they handled the fiasco with my pistol. I remember his son telling me on the phone the they had issues with nighthawk on there end, not just my issues. Take from that what you will, I don't know if they stopped dealing with them or not.

You might be right .I remember reading your story on here and I have not been up there since you picked yours up for no reason except not needing anything and the gun shack is closer. I just know that they were a dealer. ???

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    and what's the deal with being on the maryland roster?? you mean the 1911 model is not generically on the roster, but each individual model needs to be added? what a bunch of total crap if that is the case? i feel bad for your marylanders, real bad. don't think you will find too many gang bangers rollin' with a wilson combat...

The way it was explained to me is EVERY time a new model comes out it has to be approved, EVEN THOUGH it may even be a change in name only (it's been a while but an example was given) it has to be approved, dumb i know but it is the way it is

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I know I didn't let on before, but I am pretty much stuck on a Wilson Combat CQB. I'm going to be digging in the cushions and under my car seats to see what I can come up with. Thanks for all the offers to shoot the other top shelf 1911s.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    I know I didn't let on before, but I am pretty much stuck on a Wilson Combat CQB. I'm going to be digging in the cushions and under my car seats to see what I can come up with. Thanks for all the offers to shoot the other top shelf 1911s.

hey, it happens man. even though most would consider wilson the best of the big four, for some reason i just love the EB Special forces. once you get stuck on a certain brand or gun, its hard to even think of others as a possibility. i just hope you have more change in your couch cushions then i do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom