• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I am looking for someone or a club that would be able to help me set-up a shooting /training event for my Boy Scout Troop this April. The Boy Scout Requirements for us to hold a shooting event would be a NRA Certified RSO and a NRA Certified Rifle Instructor. I am going to try and get RSO certified before the event and we have another parent that should have the rifle instructor certification before then as well but just in case we can’t complete the training before then having people with the certifications and experience would make sure we can run the boys thru the event, after all it’s for the kids, right :). I am thinking we would have about 20 boys and several adults to ride herd on them when they are not on the line. We do have several boys that have either their Rifle Shooting or the Shotgun shooting merit badges so there is some experience there. If you are willing to help us out please post here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks, Robert1955

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I need to look into that. I do not know if it needs to be a "BSA Approved" range. Camp Rodney up in Northeast/Elk Neck also has a rifle range, shotgun also. We have held events at a range in the Crofton area before.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I do not believe it needs to specifically be a BSA approved range. It obviously needs to meet their minimal safety standards (like perimeter marked off beyond the berm). There are also the requirements regarding merit badge shoot (50 foot range, .22LR, bolt action rifles). I worked six summers at a scout camp, but let me ask someone who is camp school certified for shooting sports.

We have done BSA merit badge days at the BCC-IWLA (for their own troop and some other neighboring ones). I'm fairly certain that no BSA officials have ever come by to formally inspect the range, but it does exceed BSA standards.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Back in the day my troop used to shoot at AGC. You might want to contact them and see what they can offer. I even remember going to competitions there with my troop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom