• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    He IS the leader the MD gun rights movement needs. If we could get MSI and a few or all of the other MD outfits together to spearhead a pro gun rights campaign with Jack and say.........Rev Kenn Blanchard as the spoke faces of the movement we may be able to get somewhere. Throw The Wicomico County Sherrif and maybe Nancy Jacobs in there and we have a local 2a dream team.

The libs will have a real hard time tearing these guys down..

Any thoughts?

I like where you are going with this

but I think Jack needs to start a "Brotherhood of active and retired law enforcement and military for the preservation of the 2nd Amendment".

Rev Kenn needs to round up a whole lot more black MEN with gunS and help bring them on board, and out in public.

our opponents play identity politics. they have multiple anti gun groups, these groups only represent a handfull of people, but each "group" gets their say at the podium and in interviews with the media. i believe when committee chairs limit the # of people speaking for each side they do it based on the number of "groups" they brought. we need to overwhelm them on all fronts.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel

but I think Jack needs to start a "Brotherhood of active and retired law enforcement and military for the preservation of the 2nd Amendment".

Rev Kenn needs to round up a whole lot more black MEN with gunS and help bring them on board, and out in public.

our opponents play identity politics. they have multiple anti gun groups, these groups only represent a handfull of people, but each "group" gets their say at the podium and in interviews with the media. i believe when committee chairs limit the # of people speaking for each side they do it based on the number of "groups" they brought. we need to overwhelm them on all fronts.
    Agreed.

This needs to be a topic of discussion for MSI Senior management. ( I'm not ) as this has real teeth. We need to go on the offense, and stop being on defense in this State. Jack, Kenn and a female, Nancy Jacobs perhaps? I have very briefly mentioned this notion to Kenn and Jack in short PM and they are listening....

Who here is executive MSI that can help to roll this into a real idea, not just something rattling around in my skull ?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Jack made a recent Facebook post on this very topic. Perhaps he is taking your advice. :D

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Per Jack on FB today:

You voice counts.

I first heard the name, “Maryland Shall Issue, shortly after I was appointed as the Commander of the State Police Licensing Division. The Woolard decision had just been announced, identifying Maryland’s requirement to show a good and substantial reason for wanting a Handgun Permit as unconstitutional. This ruling sparked thousands of e-mails and phone calls. It wasn’t long before I sought information from the public. My thought was, I was serving them and I wanted to know their needs. I would soon be held accountable for ensuring Handgun Permits were issued in an efficient manner to thousands of people. My contact with this organization was at the time, to understand how many permits we would be issuing and what requirements did they, as citizens, expect.

It wouldn’t take long before I had a complaint lodged against me at Headquarters. An anonymous person (most likely a disgruntled employee) complained that I was a member of Maryland Shall Issue. I was not. My first reaction to the staff member making the inquiry was, “What’s your point? Would it be illegal if I were a member?” But, I responded with a politically correct answer. But think about this. Someone was worried about their influence.

Over the next year, I would have countless contacts with the President of Maryland Shall Issue. We had an open dialogue. He educated me greatly. And my intentions were to serve the State of Maryland and know all the facts before making a decision. He was one person willing to communicate with me in a professional manner. I trusted him and found his honesty to be the most important character trait that led me to trusting him.

And after I retired from the Department, the first thing I did was show my gratitude by becoming a paying member of Maryland Shall Issue. I watched first hand the affect they had in Annapolis. Don’t get me wrong, there were many other groups and affiliates as well. Thousands of men and women worked to speak out against the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. And you DID have an affect. Many highly restrictive provisions of the bill were removed because of these organizations and their coordinated efforts.

I encourage you to keep speaking out. Communicate often with your representatives. Ask questions and demand answers. When a pattern of inquiries is observed, it often leads to changes. Your voice counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom