• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Rigggghhhhtttttttttttttt..........

Dating someone who previously told me they have nothing against firearms and grew up with them but just had them ask my why anyone "needs" a semi-automatic firearm. Thinks there is no place for a semi-autos in private hands and also thinks the 2nd amendment is clearly in reference to organized state-run militias and not an individual right.

My thoughts are to drop them and move on. Not sure this type of opinion can be fixed.

What say ye?

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    take her shooting. Show her why.

Never give up on coverting an anti. When I was an ignorant little soul I shared some of those same opinions. Some one took the time to teach me how to shoot. Start slow and work in.

I've been sane and edumacated for the last 20 years now.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    The fact that you're asking for relationship advice on MDS forums should answer your own question.

Mr H

Banana'd
    If taking her shooting doesn't help, then I would apply Rule K31.

Or...

Live with it, at your own peril.

Beyond that, all I have to say is my wife decided today she needs to get to the range a couple times a month, if her hands can manage it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I'll bet she doesn't even know what "semi-auto" is. She thinks it's a machine gun like this:

article-2129462-001358E000000258-321_468x367.jpg

Take her shooting. Have her shoot a semi-auto .22. Don't tell her it's a semi auto until later. Just say, "It's a .22."

The militia thing was settled long ago. That feeble attempt at a lie is dead and buried. Her brain washing is out of date.

But don't try to change her world-view overnight. Don't argue or act like a monomaniac. Just plant seeds and change the subject.

And take her shooting. Have her shoot a semi.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    who is "them?" you dating twins???

take 'them' to the range and show how fun it is. not some paper only range, but where you can hit water jugs, clay birds, etc.

no one needs alcohol, cigs or cell phones either. they're all factors in way more deaths than firearms.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    take her shooting. Show her why.

Never give up on coverting an anti. When I was an ignorant little soul I shared some of those same opinions. Some one took the time to teach me how to shoot. Start slow and work in.

I've been sane and edumacated for the last 20 years now.

This ^^^

BTW, notice how Dave used the phrase "Start slow and work in".:lol2::bannana:

.....and if this ^^^ doesn't work..........

unless she looks like a supermodel, drop her. if she does, bang her a few times then drop her

then THIS ^^^!!!!!!!!

Jus' make sure you double bag'git; you don't want her followin' you around for a month.............jus' sayin'.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , I get you. You thought you already had this conversation in advance, and then it turned out to be Not So Much. You took the right aproach , and it went sideways on you.

Option #1 - If you want to dump , this can be your justification.

Option #2 - Put same effort into converting that you would for a randon Anti.

Option #3 - if her three favorite intrests include football , sipping whiskey , and group sex, contemplate the limits of your pragmatism.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    this is what happened

the topic of guns came up at work, or school, or whatever

someone she normally respects spewed a bunch of anti nonsense that sounds smart if you arent really paying attention. he used big words and enough ******** to soubd like he knew what he was talking about. thatd about all it takes to convince someone you are an expert.

now shes just repeating the bull shit.

set her straight op.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Take her to the range. See if you can warm her up to shooting. Now if she's too closed minded to even go shooting, then yeah, it's probably not going to work out.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Get her to agree to going to the range after some really good Organisms (misspelled purposely)..if u know what I mean. I often get my lady to agree to absurd sh1t while she still has stars in her eyes...lol

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Education ...

I could list about a dozen books that would convince her otherwise, but it sounds like she's more inclined to an interactive explanation. So, along with taking her to the range for some practical experience, have her watch this ...

Penn And Teller: Gun Control - Full Episode

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom