• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would try it first. People have waited more than 72 hours and had it go through. WOrst case, you have to get printed again, but you might not need to.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Printed 9/5

Still incomplete for CJIS 9/15

4 dys ago I got the mail saying CJIS was legit I'm not a felon. So much for the usual 9 day turn around.......need/want my 33

mZavala3000

Sep 18, 2014
    App: 8/24
    Completed App/MVA photo/Livescan/MAFSS/METERS/DJS/DHMH: 8/26
    Still Incomplete: NICS, CJIS, and JIS
    I even received a letter from CJIS on 8/26

Not sure what the hold up is. I even sent an e-mail on 9/8 requesting and update or if I could assist with the CJIS but received some generic response.

Still Pending as of today. 9/18

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Printed 9/5

Still incomplete for CJIS 9/15

4 dys ago I got the mail saying CJIS was legit I'm not a felon. So much for the usual 9 day turn around.......need/want my 33

I got mine immediately. So is the lesson this: Be a cop or a government lawyer and you're fine?

mZavala3000

Sep 18, 2014
    I think I'm going to need to have one of these "friendly" conversations. Ha. My issue is this longggggg wait. Almost a month and my application is still incomplete for some reason. Not to mention that I didn't even know that I qualified for the course exemption. I figured that I would go ahead and take the class and do it the long way. I wonder if I went to the licensing office with my original receipt of purchase in 1993, would they let me escalate the release... Hmmmmm???

mZavala3000

Sep 18, 2014
    Annnnnnddddd. I'm active as of today! I also decided to have a "friendly" chat as well so I called MDSP yesterday. After a while I was told that I had a hit on my application. The reviewing, sworn officer was not in the office to take my call and they had until Wednesday, 9/24, to complete the 30 day review to let me know what they found. So I still had a bit to wait but for the heck of it, I just checked this morning and nothing. Something told me to check again (maybe my inpatient side) and I was active as of 1pm 9/20. Needless to say, my wallet is now bit light as of 1:45. SMH. lol

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Just a shame to have to jump thru these hoops

ditto.

I got my livescan prints done on Friday morning and came straight home to fill out the HQL online. By Friday night I was surprised to see most of the 'list' had been checked 'completed'.

Department of Health and Mental Hygiene check has yet to be done but before that they have me listed as 'Incomplete' on the Judicial Information Systems for check court history. I'm hoping that incomplete status is because they just haven't finished their search. I have never had anything on my record... hell I don't even have a single splotch on my drivers license...

It says at the bottom of the page that if you receive an 'incomplete' that they need more info and that you will be contacted.

I guess I shouldn't worry. At least not for awhile. Maybe they'll get back on it today as it's the first business day since they left off on Friday.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Well, I decided to apply for my HQL when I had a day off from work last Friday. I got fingerprinted in the AM and submitted my training exempt application before noon.

I didn't provide a Social Security Number to either the Live Scan folks (who were very nice and understanding) or put it on my application. I checked and my HQL is now active!

HQL-2014-011xxx

bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    First time poster, new member... I'm posting because of the significant delay in my HQL process compared to everyone else I've seen on here. Application was submitted on 9/11/14, Everything was complete on 9/12/14, and as of 9/23/14 I'm still "Pending." Does anyone have any idea what the hold up is?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    First time poster, new member... I'm posting because of the significant delay in my HQL process compared to everyone else I've seen on here. Application was submitted on 9/11/14, Everything was complete on 9/12/14, and as of 9/23/14 I'm still "Pending." Does anyone have any idea what the hold up is?

They have to do a few backround checks and as mentioned the more databases your in the longer it takes.......hence why it was taking mine a while until we had a "talk". I'd call especially if you got your CJIS letter saying your good.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well, I decided to apply for my HQL when I had a day off from work last Friday. I got fingerprinted in the AM and submitted my training exempt application before noon.

I didn't provide a Social Security Number to either the Live Scan folks (who were very nice and understanding) or put it on my application. I checked and my HQL is now active!

HQL-2014-011xxx

Where did you go? I went to the place in Ellicott and they were nice but itwas a hike for me in Silver Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom