• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here is my 7.5" A1 upper AR pistol with a Sig brace.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
      IMG_0585.jpg
      34.7 KB · Views: 263

TheYetti

Apr 8, 2013
    Ellicott City
    If you build one, doesn't it still need to be registered with MDSP? As in, you buy the "pistol specific" lower and the FFL transfers it to you like a pistol? Waiting period and registration still applicable?

Mr H

Banana'd
    If you build one, doesn't it still need to be registered with MDSP? As in, you buy the "pistol specific" lower and the FFL transfers it to you like a pistol? Waiting period and registration still applicable?

The lower you bought on the 77R is already "registered". Simply follow the law when building it out, and nothing more is needed while you own it.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    This guy has never shot an AR pistol but am not a fan of the Sig Brace look (no offense, personal preference). Is there that much of a difference when shooting? Is the thingy that goes straight back (buffer tube...LOL!) comfortable to shoulder at all?

If you want you can add a crutch tip to the buffer tube, since a crutch tip is not a stock. I did that so it would be less likely to fall over when I stand it in the corner.

Seriously though, recoil with a 5.56 is almost nothing. And you can float it in front of your body, with just a cheek weld, no shoulder contact required.

TheYetti

Apr 8, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Wait...

If you're selling, it has a whole other set of mess, that I get confused by.

Just being thorough.

Actually, I did some reading about some stuff regarding the way stripped lowers are sold. Something to do with the lower being considered "other" and not a pistol. IDK yo. I'm just gonna say I over simplified the situation.

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    From the original post the shotgun in question is the Kel Tec KSG which holds 14+1 of 2 3/4 12 gage shotgun shells or 24+1 of the mini shotgun shells which is not covered by SB281 due to it being pump action not semi automatic. Again welcome to the crazy mess called MD Laws

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom