• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    It's obvious the disjointed DINO concept had little effect. Now it's time to get serious. We need the conservative vote in November. The defeatist attitude has to end. We need every vote. I'm tired of hearing that someone doesn't vote because it's "predetermined" or "their vote doesn't count". That is a loser mentality. I godamnguaranttee that each and every person who voted for Frosh thinks their vote was the one that brought him to victory and that their vote was important to the win.

The ONLY way to end this nightmare is for everyone to vote. This means directing efforts to convince people to vote and to register to vote. I know that I was responsible for getting 5 people to register and vote who are adults yet never bothered to vote. If each one of us can do that there is a good chance of turning things around.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I say what I have been saying for months: There were 972k people in Maryland who voted for Romney in 2012. There were only 1,044k people who voted for O'Malley in 2010. If all 972k people turn out to vote for Hogan, and a few I or D swing over, Hogan wins*. But, the only way it will happen is if people put on their poker face and get people to the polls.

Don't be ashamed if you play hard and lose. Be ashamed if you didn't play at all.

*Brown does not inspire D turnout. Turnout in the primary so far was the lowest since 1998, and on a % basis probably the lowest on record. Remember, Ehrlich was the only candidate to increase R turnout in an off-cycle year.

Mr H

Banana'd
    It is apparent to me that the "big winners" yesterday were those who advertised the most, and strategically.

So, LIVs were really the ones who pushed them over the top.

Overcoming that will be a huge challenge, since these folks will generally stick with the names they know and hear the most.

sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    It's obvious the disjointed DINO concept had little effect. Now it's time to get serious. We need the conservative vote in November. The defeatist attitude has to end. We need every vote. I'm tired of hearing that someone doesn't vote because it's "predetermined" or "their vote doesn't count". That is a loser mentality. I godamnguaranttee that each and every person who voted for Frosh thinks their vote was the one that brought him to victory and that their vote was important to the win.

The ONLY way to end this nightmare is for everyone to vote. This means directing efforts to convince people to vote and to register to vote. I know that I was responsible for getting 5 people to register and vote who are adults yet never bothered to vote. If each one of us can do that there is a good chance of turning things around.

:goodpost: Very well said.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Hard to say if the DINO effort worked or not. True it may not have knocked anyone big off but if it made them spend more than they would normally I think that is worth something. Bleed the beast a little at a time.

I'll be there in Nov!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It all depends on the meaning for *works* .

DINO is our best possable stratagy. Yes , it did have an effect. Not as much effect as we hoped/ needed, but the margins would have been worse otherwise.

Mr H

Banana'd

DINO is our best possable stratagy. Yes , it did have an effect. Not as much effect as we hoped/ needed, but the margins would have been worse otherwise.

I agree.

We created awareness and enthusiasm, which were primary goals.

Where it fell short was in saturation, and in underestimating the general apathy of Marylanders (which will be EVERYONE's downfall).

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I agree.

We created awareness and enthusiasm, which were primary goals.

Where it fell short was in saturation, and in underestimating the general apathy of Marylanders (which will be EVERYONE's downfall).

I know someone who is an election judge, and she said all day it was independents complaining about being unable to vote.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I know someone who is an election judge, and she said all day it was independents complaining about being unable to vote.

And we know the Ds are not at all interested in allowing any opening of the primary process. The Rs claim to be planning to study it.

Where is the BoE in educating voters?? I'm guessing nowhere, because educating the rabble makes them dangerous. Wait... I've heard something similar to that before..........

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Don't know the DINO concept just yet. Remember that political movements take time and staying power is the key. Didn't get what you want this time around? Spend more time rallying for the next election. That's how successful political instituitions work.

"One and done" doesn't cut it in politics. You have to keep pressing, keep building, and keep voting.

Gundahar

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD

How did you measure it's effect?

Maybe we are just generalizing; saying it would have been 0 to 220K instead it was 500 to 219.5K.. :o

pschmidt

Dec 8, 2008
    Voted DINO, it had no effect.

November is going to be a 75/25 split Brown v. Hogan, and that's being generous. There are just way too many freeloaders in this state for the conservative vote to stem the tide.

Tampa here I come.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There is so much apathy among our community. There are too many people who see SB281 as the final attack on the Death Star and it failed. The overwhelming feeling is that the only way to win now is to move. There was low voter turn-out in this election. That includes both sides. If enough people were energized, we truly COULD have made a difference. The million dollar question is "how do we get people away from this defeatist attitude"?

Mr H

Banana'd
    There is so much apathy among our community. There are too many people who see SB281 as the final attack on the Death Star and it failed. The overwhelming feeling is that the only way to win now is to move. There was low voter turn-out in this election. That includes both sides. If enough people were energized, we truly COULD have made a difference. The million dollar question is "how do we get people away from this defeatist attitude"?

Glad you posted on this, because it brings up my next question (and it's not an indictment of anyone)...

WTF happened to Take Back Maryland?

Is it? Isn't it? What's needed?

Honestly, I have heard so little, I'd all but forgotten about it until the last couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom